BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
what does this exactly means? thanks
Adaptive Seats apply to the two front seats only. They're activated by a button in the same bank of buttons as the memory seats, i.e. in the door. Once activated, they provide a gentle bum massage (not back). Joking aside, it literally moves the seat-base up and down and side to side in very small amounts and very slowly causing your back to be continually adjusted--it certainly helped me when I drove my car up the Pacific Coast Highway and did 1200 miles in 2.5-3 days from Long Beach, CA to Seattle, WA.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I might be missing the point you're making here... but there is no back massage, only butt. The idea is to move the left side and right side of your upper body up and down independently in order to mitigate the effects of long distance driving. It's super slow but very noticeable. Combined with the seat heater, it's very effective.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Active front seats were on the E60 M5 where the side pollsters of the seat tightened up when you turned and kept you firm in your seat. In the F10 M5 in North America, it's just massage bum function.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts