BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of you lucky owners tell me if the UK cars have the "active" cruise control as standard, I thought it was an extra when I put down my deposit but I can't find it on the UK BMW web site option list. Also is it any good ?
:confused2

540i Touring Imola Red 2002
Ordered Silverstone II/Black 2006

·
Registered
162 Posts
Gustav the webmaster has an interview with one of the M program managers which has this quote in it.

"ACC (Active Cruise Control) is not an option and it would not fir the typical M driver. Also the sensor would take up alot of space (see the M Sport Package for the 5 series and if it has ACC it looks like a big hole in the spoiler.)"

The article is here http://www.m5board.com/articles.php?id=25, but seeing as it dates from Sept 04 maybe BMW have changed their mind.

I checked my Brochures and spec sheets and its not listed anywhere for a Model Year 05 car.

perhaps if you send Gustav a PM he might know the story /

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hogie said:
Can any of you lucky owners tell me if the UK cars have the "active" cruise control as standard, I thought it was an extra when I put down my deposit but I can't find it on the UK BMW web site option list. Also is it any good ?
:confused2

540i Touring Imola Red 2002
Ordered Silverstone II/Black 2006
Im going to order a Range Rover Sport at the weekend and when I went for a test drive yesterday I saw the ACC box on the front of the RR, I would not want that device anywhere on my M5, its huge!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Why would you want it- I can't sit behind another car except when there is a speed camera ahead. As soon as passed the camera, hit power or M and floor it and you're past. The active control would never have anything to lock onto.

Hogie said:
I've re-checked the manual but can't find the bit about "active control"...maybe it was a dream, all this waiting can get to you.:eek:

Many thanks m5-black

Hogie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts