BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear members,

One of my aluminium "scoops" ( which is incorporated into the grill ) has fallen off and lost. Does anyone know where I can get hold of just one scoop?

You guys know what i mean? i am talking about the aluminium RAM duct opening thats in the grill.

I desperately need one and was informed by CA Automotive in the UK ( where i bought the AA CAI from ) that Actice Autowekes only suppyly the whole grill kit at $400! Thats crazy... i just require one aluminium duct!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ahmed:

Try the AA site:

http://www.activeautowerke.com/intakes/M5e39-CAIS.cfm
I didn't see replacement parts, but the phone # for service would probably get you what you need.

I see you did install a IATS relocation kit with the CAI; how did it work with the CAI package? I want to do the same thing.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
jjc1843 said:
I tried to buy just the rings, then the kit w/o the MAF-unfriendly filters - they wouldn't do it. Probably protecting their $markup$ price.

Regarding the above link, what the **** is that metal thing sticking down and the fuzzy-looking junk-thing at the end of it: ?????? ?????? ??????

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Bill:

That is the bolt that holds the right part of the front fender on (it goes up into the bracket above) and I hate to say it, but it looks like a finger pushing it in:/? God, maybe AA has E.T. working for them?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
TCM said:
Bill:

That is the bolt that holds the right part of the front fender on (it goes up into the bracket above) and I hate to say it, but it looks like a finger pushing it in:/? God, maybe AA has E.T. working for them?

Hahahaha - cracked me up! :hihi:

I think you're right about the finger - a dirty, latex-gloved finger perhaps?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts