BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, so I'm fairly new and trying to grasp a better understanding of some set ups I would like to do. I've done my reasearch and haven't really found my answer so I would like to ask of what you all think about "this set-up". So yes, this goes out to the people that actually have this set up and if you are satisfied or unsatisfied with this product! Any piece of mind helps, I would love to know what input there is!

Thanks,
Ric

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ive been in the market for an intake setup as well, this looks neat, but I may just stick with the Dinan intakes. I'd be interested to hear any feeback on this setup as well!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Ok guys, so I'm fairly new and trying to grasp a better understanding of some set ups I would like to do. I've done my reasearch and haven't really found my answer so I would like to ask of what you all think about "this set-up". So yes, this goes out to the people that actually have this set up and if you are satisfied or unsatisfied with this product! Any piece of mind helps, I would love to know what input there is!

Thanks,
Ric
Save your money. The stock airboxes provide WAY more flow that a stock engine can use. It's been so long since my car was stock...lol.

You will see no noticeable gains with this mod.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Does it give you any more intake noise? Or just a set of drop in K&N's just fine
Not really more noise outside of engine bay.

K and Ns will not really help either since airflow in the stock configuration is not restrictive.

Some have had issues with overzealously oiling K&Ns and fouling MAFs.

I have a SINGLE Kand N on my car, but I'm sucking a LOT more air than your stock beast.

Im not raining on your parade, just don't want to see y'all waste money on mods that do nothing (as most of us "old timers" did early on):eek:h:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! At this point I'm going to go for exhaust note. I had always been curious of the ram air setup because I had seen it awhile ago online. Looks neat but I was wondering just like OP whether it was worth it or not.

And to the guy who PM'd me about the Dinan intake, I can't reply to PM's yet. But thanks for the offer! I'm broke at this point haha

/threadjack

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
CAI only work on cars with extremely restrictive and poorly designed stock intakes like found on GM products. alot of times they have baffling to suppress noise witch also restricts flow.

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
While I am not sure if there is much difference in flow at highway ( or higher!:tonquesmilie:) speeds, you are getting outside air to enter. So the air should be a bit cooler than the underhood air that is being sucked in by the stock airboxes. A snorkel/CAI setup and a relocated IATS should help some. I would have kept mine (with larger MAF housings) but for swapping over to a SC setup.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
While I am not sure if there is much difference in flow at highway ( or higher!:tonquesmilie:) speeds, you are getting outside air to enter. So the air should be a bit cooler than the underhood air that is being sucked in by the stock airboxes. A snorkel/CAI setup and a relocated IATS should help some. I would have kept mine (with larger MAF housings) but for swapping over to a SC setup.

Regards,
Jerry
The stock intakes suck air in from the high static pressure zone area in front of the condenser/radiator, not underhood air.

Reactions: sor118

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ This is great, I was in a predicament in weather to get me the AA Ram set up or getting a eisenmann. I know with the Dinan CAI it is susceptible to water getting in there on rainy days so that was out of the question. I guess the set up for the AA is more for looks than anything. Questions answered! Thanks guys.

Regards,
Ric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts