BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Company Representative for Active Autowerke
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Board,

We apologize for the inconvenient experience.We have not been asleep and over the last week and a half we asked 9 of our Miami/Ft Lauderdale customers to come by to look at their exhaust systems. Out of the 9 there were 2 of them that had issues similiar to those mentioned here on the forums. Of the 83 M5 muffler systems sold worldwide these are the first complaints brought to our attention.

We have looked at the problem closely and found a slight deviation in the angle of the weld on that side.We have made corrections to the left (driver side) and it should definitely correct the issue, as we have done for the 2 local ones.

For those who are experiencing similiar issues please contact us ASAP so we can work with you and get it corrected.

We apologize for the delay in getting this sorted out, but this was the only way to do it since our out of state customers found it difficult to follow our warranty policy.

Best Regards,

Omar M.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
We apologize for the delay in getting this sorted out, but this was the only way to do it since our out of state customers found it difficult to follow our warranty policy.

Glad to hear that this is being worked out since I like your products, but you should have maybe considered your words a bit more carefully before posting this. It's not fair to put the blame on the customer like you are. I understand that this is your warranty policy, but it sounds like your warranty policy is a bit hard to negotiate. You left the non-local customers with no options. Like I said, though, I'm glad to hear that you'll be taking care of those customers. Hope to do business with you soon. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

what type of issue do
people have to look for? what's the problem?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Glad to hear that this is being worked out since I like your products, but you should have maybe considered your words a bit more carefully before posting this. It's not fair to put the blame on the customer like you are. I understand that this is your warranty policy, but it sounds like your warranty policy is a bit hard to negotiate. You left the non-local customers with no options. Like I said, though, I'm glad to hear that you'll be taking care of those customers. Hope to do business with you soon. :cheers:
I am not a current (or past) customer, however, my take on the last comment would turn me off from this company.:nono:

As a potential customer, AA's customer service seems to still need a little work. If one "out of state customers found it difficult to follow our warranty policy" or two maybe, I can understand the statement. However, AA blanketed "out of state" customers altogether. I am out of state, why would I buy anything from AA if their policy seems dificult to follow. Isn't an out of state customer already at a disadvantage?:sad1: Maybe it's best to focus on in state or local sales which they seem to be satisfactory! :applause:

Just my observation from the information I read here and the original thread. I may be wrong!:dunno:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Thats why on big purchases like this i prefer to deal with local companies.
Good point!

Makes sense! :M5thumbs:
cherrsagai

·
Registered
814 Posts
in florida

well I'm in Florida... a few hours away from their shop but from their statement I don't think I would want to get anything from them... I mean if I have a problem they might just modify that statement and said that "customers not from the miami area found it hard to follow our warranty policy".... hmmm

·
Registered
185 Posts
Guys ASR exhaust is much better and less expensive. Just call Abid

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
As a manufacturer, dealing with warranty issues can sometimes be a difficult thing. Fortunately, we were able to fix the exhaust issue a fellow board member had with their exhaust.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I still would not do business with them and I'm 20 minutes ways from their shop.
Care to elaborate?

They have always treated me very well and the quality of customer service has been nothing but exceptional. Case in point by them acknowledging an issue with their exhaust and their attempt to resolve the issue ASAP.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Attempting to resolve the issue ASAP all depends on who you talk to..go back and read the original thread....and several users fixed it on their own out of frustration with trying to get it corrected

Reactions: m5baller

·
Registered
907 Posts
Difficult? No.....expensive? Yes.....I am also a manufacturer....and when we are notified a product is not as paid for....we fix it correctly and immediately and with NO additional cost to the customer. My reputation is ALL I have at the end of the day......and there is no price I can put on that..

As a manufacturer, dealing with warranty issues can sometimes be a difficult thing. Fortunately, we were able to fix the exhaust issue a fellow board member had with their exhaust.

·
Registered
487 Posts
No, you want a cookie?
If you took my comment the wrong way, I apologize, but I was asking for you to perhaps share your experience or your feelings about AA on the forum for those to get some valuable input. A lot of people find threads like this important when making a decision about where to spend their hard earned cash. I posted my experience with AA as being a good one b/c it was just that. Or maybe you just like to be a childish ***? Whatever it is, maybe lets try staying on topic? :dunno:

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Difficult? No.....expensive? Yes.....I am also a manufacturer....and when we are notified a product is not as paid for....we fix it correctly and immediately and with NO additional cost to the customer. My reputation is ALL I have at the end of the day......and there is no price I can put on that..
:thumbsup: Then we have things in common. Sometimes you have to take the hit. Luckily for us, everything is manufactured in house or fabricated locally. That way we dont have to deal with over seas suppliers, etc.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
nice....a business who cares....thanks

·
Registered
907 Posts
:cheers:

:thumbsup: Then we have things in common. Sometimes you have to take the hit. Luckily for us, everything is manufactured in house or fabricated locally. That way we dont have to deal with over seas suppliers, etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts