BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Company Representative for Active Autowerke
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I wanted to share some more pictures of another one of my dealers who installed our Active Autowerke E92 M3 Supercharger kit. This S/C M3 was completed in S. Korea. Enjoy more pics coming soon!!!

PM for more information

·
Registered
74 Posts
You got some good runs in your YouTube videos.

I'm curious about your dyno numbers though, especially at STD correction factor. The power seems a little lower than I would expect for a kit that's advertised to produce 625hp.

Does it feel like your car is lower in than you'd expect?

·
Registered
9 Posts
You got some good runs in your YouTube videos.

I'm curious about your dyno numbers though, especially at STD correction factor. The power seems a little lower than I would expect for a kit that's advertised to produce 625hp.

Does it feel like your car is lower in than you'd expect?
I have a stock exhaust system with 1st cat del and just Picosound muffler. If you use Active Autowerke Signature exhaust system, you may get more hp.

The G-power that I beaten in the YouTube video, it is 600hp and the dyno number is much higher than my car. (dyno result from same shop)

I also rolled with ESS 650hp and we were same speed. (The ESS owner said his car has some problem since he got methanol/water kit, so his car could be faster, but at the time we were same. He has dyno result over 580rwhp from same shop)

The Active Autowerke dyno number is the lowest, but it is fast in the real world. just amazing! I just guess the HKS supercharger has no lag.

I also rolled with another Active Autowerke stage2 car and the result was exact same speed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a stock exhaust system with 1st cat del and just Picosound muffler. If you use Active Autowerke Signature exhaust system, you may get more hp.

The G-power that I beaten in the YouTube video, it is 600hp and the dyno number is much higher than my car. (dyno result from same shop)

I also rolled with ESS 650hp and we were same speed.

The Active Autowerke dyno number is the lowest, but it is fast in the real world. just amazing! I just guess the HKS supercharger has no lag.

I also rolled with another Active Autowerke stage2 car and the result was exact same speed.
Sounds like a beast!! I'm glad you're enjoying the kit. I only hear great things regarding AA's products.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I also rolled with ESS 650hp and we were same speed. (The ESS owner said his car has some problem since he got methanol/water kit, so his car could be faster, but at the time we were same. He has dyno result over 580rwhp from same shop)

It sounds like your overly excited which is understandable but that's a bid statement saying AA supercharger is the fastest in the real world !
ESS is .....
Go beat a z06 , 599 , 458 Italia & some GTR's , **** race a ESS car that's not having issues due to something that EsS doesn't offer with their kits unlike yours then claim its the fastest in the meantime enjoy your ride ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
It sounds like your overly excited which is understandable but that's a bid statement saying AA supercharger is the fastest in the real world !
ESS is .....
Go beat a z06 , 599 , 458 Italia & some GTR's , **** race a ESS car that's not having issues due to something that EsS doesn't offer with their kits unlike yours then claim its the fastest in the meantime enjoy your ride ;)
Today, 458 Italia owner came for rolling, but he told me that he couldn't beat me.
He already rolled a porsche and lost that I already beaten.

Here is video AA vs ESS
We have just run few hours ago.
BMW E92 M3 Active Autowerke SC 580hp vs ESS SC 650hp - YouTube

If you come to www.youtube.com/nananetworcorp, you would see more videos.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Today, 458 Italia owner came for rolling, but he told me that he couldn't beat me.
He already rolled a porsche and lost that I already beaten.

Here is video AA vs ESS
We have just run few hours ago.
BMW E92 M3 Active Autowerke SC 580hp vs ESS SC 650hp - YouTube

If you come to www.youtube.com/nananetworcorp, you would see more videos.
Then that's pretty impressive but I still reccomend you racing him the driver means a lot in a race!
I just don't understand how a car putting down 499whp is beating
These cars .....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Then that's pretty impressive but I still reccomend you racing him the driver means a lot in a race!
I just don't understand how a car putting down 499whp is beating
These cars .....
I think the end peak hp/torque is not important. The range of hp/torque using rpm is important.

You should come here if you want to believe.:M5launch:

Or, better ask to Active Autowerke in Miami.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think the end peak hp/torque is not important. The range of hp/torque using rpm is important.
What you're saying is that the area under the power/tq curve is what's important. That's true...that is what counts. Buf if you're up against an identical car, identical gears, identical gas, identical weight -- such as another supercharged E9x M3 -- and if he has more area under the curve, there's no possible way you will beat him.

I've already asked you to send me your dyno files, but I didn't get any response. Until you do, I can't compare your actual dyno results against any others -- and "overlay" the two. But I can take another AA car in the US with nearly identical dyno numbers as yours, and show you what it looks like.

As you can see, the ESS VT2-625 kit has substantially more area under the torque curve and under the power curve. This translates into real world results. I know you like to think your car can beat any ESS car, but if you raced side-by-side with the ESS car above, you would get completely destroyed (just as other AA car's in the USA have been destroyed as well). For example...

The AA car's best 1/4 mile run is about 122mph, and this ESS car's best 1/4 mile run (in worse weather conditions) was just under 130mph, and he had a verified vBox 1/4 mile run of 132mph. The AA car's best 60-130 is hart to tell because the owner says he's in the low 7's, but refuses to post the results. Most likely his idea of low 7's is probably something like 7.48 seconds. The same ESS car reaches 60-130mph in 6.8 seconds -- nearly a full second faster.

Video results can't really be verified and don't mean much of anything because so much depends on the driver and if he gets a head start on the other car. But vBox files don't lie, and if both cars have vBox's, then I have software the can re-align the two cars to the same speed, then make a video to show who would have won the race. So if you have any vBox files of you car's performance, then I can do this for you. Here's another example why these types of side-by-side runs aren't very reliable. This weekend I attended a track event with two hours of side-by-side racing (just like Gustav's events). I watched many races where the same cars raced each other many times. Sometimes Car-A would win, sometimes Car-B would win. The power on the car's didn't change between runs, but pretty clearly one driver hit the gas before the other. So these side-by-side runs aren't scientific and can't really be trusted to mean anything...even though they are very fun to watch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What you're saying is that the area under the power/tq curve is what's important. That's true...that is what counts. Buf if you're up against an identical car, identical gears, identical gas, identical weight -- such as another supercharged E9x M3 -- and if he has more area under the curve, there's no possible way you will beat him.

I've already asked you to send me your dyno files, but I didn't get any response. Until you do, I can't compare your actual dyno results against any others -- and "overlay" the two. But I can take another AA car in the US with nearly identical dyno numbers as yours, and show you what it looks like.

As you can see, the ESS VT2-625 kit has substantially more area under the torque curve and under the power curve. This translates into real world results. I know you like to think your car can beat any ESS car, but if you raced side-by-side with the ESS car above, you would get completely destroyed (just as other AA car's in the USA have been destroyed as well). For example...

The AA car's best 1/4 mile run is about 122mph, and this ESS car's best 1/4 mile run (in worse weather conditions) was just under 130mph, and he had a verified vBox 1/4 mile run of 132mph. The AA car's best 60-130 is hart to tell because the owner says he's in the low 7's, but refuses to post the results. Most likely his idea of low 7's is probably something like 7.48 seconds. The same ESS car reaches 60-130mph in 6.8 seconds -- nearly a full second faster.

Video results can't really be verified and don't mean much of anything because so much depends on the driver and if he gets a head start on the other car. But vBox files don't lie, and if both cars have vBox's, then I have software the can re-align the two cars to the same speed, then make a video to show who would have won the race. So if you have any vBox files of you car's performance, then I can do this for you. Here's another example why these types of side-by-side runs aren't very reliable. This weekend I attended a track event with two hours of side-by-side racing (just like Gustav's events). I watched many races where the same cars raced each other many times. Sometimes Car-A would win, sometimes Car-B would win. The power on the car's didn't change between runs, but pretty clearly one driver hit the gas before the other. So these side-by-side runs aren't scientific and can't really be trusted to mean anything...even though they are very fun to watch.

I've asked giving you dyno file and now waiting for AA answer. But there is no duty to give my file to you. I already attached my dyno graph here.
The video is true result.
Have you guys always been fooled or something?
You should live with the data.
I will live with rolling in the real world.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've asked giving you dyno file and now waiting for AA answer. But there is no duty to give my file to you. I already attached my dyno graph here.
I agree that you have no duty to give out the files. But if you do, then you are helping other people gain greater knowledge of the products they are considering to purchase.

I'm not sure why you need to wait for AA to answer -- unless you are saying these are not independant dyno's and AA owns them. If that's not the case, then you don't need their permission to give away things that you own.

The video is true result.
Have you guys always been fooled or something?
You should live with the data.
I will live with rolling in the real world.
If this is what you believe, then I think I have helped you about as much as I can help you. Videos are not real world. I have offered you scientifically verified results with scientific instruments on the track and vBox. Those are the only verified results that people believe in. Those results show the AA kit as a very large underdog to the VT2-625 kit and gets beat very badly. I'm not sure if you're chosing not to believe these scientifically verified results, or if there's something here you still don't understand about why they are more meaningful than your videos. If you need help understanding why vidoes are not "verified" results, then feel free to ask and I'm sure myself and many others will try to help.

Good luck with your car. Once you go to a drag strip or use a vBox to get verifiable results, I look forward to seeing what your car can really do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree that you have no duty to give out the files. But if you do, then you are helping other people gain greater knowledge of the products they are considering to purchase.

I'm not sure why you need to wait for AA to answer -- unless you are saying these are not independant dyno's and AA owns them. If that's not the case, then you don't need their permission to give away things that you own.

If this is what you believe, then I think I have helped you about as much as I can help you. Videos are not real world. I have offered you scientifically verified results with scientific instruments on the track and vBox. Those are the only verified results that people believe in. Those results show the AA kit as a very large underdog to the VT2-625 kit and gets beat very badly. I'm not sure if you're chosing not to believe these scientifically verified results, or if there's something here you still don't understand about why they are more meaningful than your videos. If you need help understanding why vidoes are not "verified" results, then feel free to ask and I'm sure myself and many others will try to help.

Good luck with your car. Once you go to a drag strip or use a vBox to get verifiable results, I look forward to seeing what your car can really do.
Ok. I've sent the dyno file.
If you can, please send me the Vbox. I test it and send it back to you.

There is something else not hp, not torque... may be AA and HKS Supercharger and M3 is the best balanced combo.
Also, I wonder very much why... it is fast enough even it has lower torque and hp.
Or could it be very bad premium unleaded in Korea? I have methanol/water kit, so it doesn't matter. But others could be retarded ignition timing.
The gas factory say they got 99-100 Octane (euro std.), but who knows it is bullshit or true. In korea policy, if Octane is over 94, it can mention premium unleaded.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts