BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Company Representative for Active Autowerke
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Board,

After months of going through different designs for our E60 M5 exhaust we are finally ready to release it. It is a complete 304 stainless steel system (3" piping) with dual 93 mm tips w/ our Gen II logo. This system is completely bolt on with no cutting required. We have seen a decent increase in power and even more when paired with our Gen 2 Software for exhaust. If you have any questions on the exhaust system please feel free to email me.

We have had a couple local and international guys sign up to be on the pre-order list. We are now extending this offer to all of the M5board members to show our appreciation for your support and for Gustav stopping by yesterday. It was a pleasure to meet him and it meant a lot to us to have him stop by.

The Pre-Order special will be for the entire month of August. Contact us now to sign up on the list while it is available

List Price- $3800

Intro Pricing for August - $2965

Here is a stock exhaust for comparison (our system replaces everything in this picture).

Here are a couple pics of the exhaust.

Here are a couple vids of the exhaust.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very interested....

Horsepower Gain??

How do this exhaust compare to the Borla?

Just picked up my New M5 on saturday, this is my second one, and I did purchase the 6 speed. So I am interested in the power gain..

Thanks...

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Horsepower Gain??

How do this exhaust compare to the Borla?

Just picked up my New M5 on saturday, this is my second one, and I did purchase the 6 speed. So I am interested in the power gain..

Thanks...
Hello

Honestly I dont want to comment much about the Borla. I think the biggest difference would be in the design and material used. Our system is completely 304 stainless steel and we have seen around 15 HP gain. Most of the exhaust on the market should have similiar gains, we noticed a little more midrange power with our design compared to other systems on the market.

Not to mention it sounds amazing.....Those who know me personally know I am very honest and I really dont think you could go wrong with this exhaust.

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about a drive-by video clip?
Unfortunately I do not have a drive by clip. Everyone usually complains that drive by clips are not good for exhaust. The best way to do it is let the car drive away from you. You dont really hear much in a driveby clip. You still get a pretty good idea from the videos we provided. I will look into a drive by clip if it is possible.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Is there any drone at freeway speeds?

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any drone at freeway speeds?
No sir, in a couple of the earlier designs we had a small amount of drone but with this final design there is no drone while cruising on the highway or in normal traffic conditions.

We basically covered all avenues with this system to make sure it is the "one"

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about warranty work? If you have a problem with the car can you still take in for warranty work at any dealer?
Yes Sir,

It is an exhaust system it should not affect your warranty one bit.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Completely bolt on - that's good. Is there any cutting to take off the stock system or is that a bolt-on also?
Can the change-out be accomplished if the car is put on jack stands or is a lift required?

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Completely bolt on - that's good. Is there any cutting to take off the stock system or is that a bolt-on also?
Can the change-out be accomplished if the car is put on jack stands or is a lift required?
The stock system is also a bolt on and easy to remove. Check out the pics of the stock exhaust and you can see ours bolts up to the same location. Honestly this could be done on jack stands but we would always recommend a lift, especially on a car this size.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Unfortunately I do not have a drive by clip. Everyone usually complains that drive by clips are not good for exhaust. The best way to do it is let the car drive away from you. You dont really hear much in a driveby clip. You still get a pretty good idea from the videos we provided. I will look into a drive by clip if it is possible.
If possible that would be nice! When will the exhaust be aval?

Thanks!

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If possible that would be nice! When will the exhaust be aval?

Thanks!
Your welcome. We are taking pre orders now.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Is it the same ECU that I would send in for the Gen 2 software install as was the one for delimiting?
I had your software installed last year but recently had a dealer software update. So if this is the same ECU then could I have the delimit put back on at the same time? (for the additional $90 bucks)

·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it the same ECU that I would send in for the Gen 2 software install as was the one for delimiting?
I had your software installed last year but recently had a dealer software update. So if this is the same ECU then could I have the delimit put back on at the same time? (for the additional $90 bucks)
Yes sir. That would be fine

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Our system is completely 304 stainless steel and we have seen around 15 HP gain. Most of the exhaust on the market should have similiar gains, we noticed a little more midrange power with our design compared to other systems on the market.
Care to share a pre- and post-dyno graph???

Also, is the claimed 15 hp gain with the software or without?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Sounds nice....sound quite close to the eisenmann race with more bassy tone! So 15hp increase is with the exhaust and ecu tuning...how much power increase from the exhaust alone?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Count me in - does the ECU have to updated?
My car is in being serviced as we speak - the dealer is upgrading from 2.5 to 2.7 (I think)
Once installed, will any "ERRORS" come up?
I am looking for a direct "TAKE OFF" and "BOLT ON" that can be done without having a "ROCKET SCIENTIST" degree.
If this is the ONE, then count me in.
I live in Cambridge, ONtario CANADA - could I supply you with our Corp. Fed-Ex number - we have special rates on shipping.
When will it be available (the sooner the better)
You can PM me at any time to confirm ([email protected])
thanks,
Duff

1 - 20 of 45 Posts