Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Eisenmann

Votes: 18 58.1%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to figure out which setup to go with. So I was wondering if I can get some good feedback. I will probably be sticking with the stock headers, RPI pulley & RPI scoops. The car is used as a daily driver, nothing special. I will be trading my 08 M6 soon for a 997 turbo so that will the mod car. So I have narrowed it down to three options:

(1) Active Autowerke with their software

(2) ASR with Active Autowerke software

(3) Eisenmann Race Exhaust with ESS software.

Now with the Eisenmann exhaust I am considering several options if I go that route. I can go with an x pipe and/or cat by-pass. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I would not necessarily wed any one exhaust with any one software. Your exhaust is not going to be a performance mod.

We definitely need more infor to add any advice, but at the end of the day, exhaust choice is like color shoice -- it is very personal and only you can decide what is right for your car.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I have the ASR exhaust and I love it. Many good things have been said and confirmed about the ESS software so maybe there is a combination to consider? As was said before, exhaust is a very personal mod.
The ASR exhaust would go from the headers back with deletion of the secondary cats. So sections 1, 2 and 3 (rear cans). The position of the X-pipe is different in this exhaust compared to all others which are standard.
Video of my M5 and exhaust sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG-h1LYdMlE

Good luck,
M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is why I considered the AA or ASR exhaust because they include all three sections. Is there any benefit of going that route vs the Eisenmann which I would have to purchase the sections from another vendor. I was going the software route as ASR recommends AA and obviously AA exhaust with their software would be logical. Have heard great things about ESS also. Sound wise I want to go with a nice F1 tone, not too over the top. My favorite exhaust note was the Capristo exhaust I had on my Ferrari 360.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ranger,
You're running headers without secondary cats? I thought this caused too much of a decrease in exhaust velocity.

07M5NJ,
Also look into Evosport. They have a full exhaust setup as well.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looked into the Evosport mufflers, didn't like the way they sounded. I prefered the Eisenmann race setup. Might take a look at the RPI setup also if they change up that tip design.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have an Eisenmann Race exhaust with oval tips for sale, if you're interested PM me.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sent you a PM mcvaughan

Has anyone went with the Eisenmann race and Evosport x pipe and cat by-pass?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Looked into the Evosport mufflers, didn't like the way they sounded. I prefered the Eisenmann race setup. Might take a look at the RPI setup also if they change up that tip design.

theyre bringing out quad tips :cheers:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems Eisenmann is a popular choice with everyone. I know AA has had its recent fitment issues. ASR just has a great reputation and includes all three sections which I can believe is a better option then having separate sections 1, 2 & 3.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I love My ASR exhaust! I've lost count on how many times I've gotten compliments. On the road people ask me which exhaust I've got. Going thru an underpass is pure bliss!

++++ I would not trade it for any other!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Love My ASR exhaust as well!! Always get compliemnts!! Much more than my previous Eisenmann (which did get compliments, but also rice comments).
Evan

·
Registered
605 Posts
Stock headers on mine, I have heard Juan's with supersprint headers though... Just louder and deeper than mine but still sounds great!
Evan

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Evan do you have any sound clips? What previous exhaust setup did you have and how does it compare? Thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would say ASR with their software and Supersprint headers. The reason I say ASR is a preference on sound, and the design difference between their system and others.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
As other happy ASR customers have expressed, I love my ASR headers back exhaust. I'm running no cats. The position of the X-pipe is different from the other manufactures.
I feel my exhaust sound rocks but by no means obnoxious. At idle it is perfect without being loud at all.
I whole heartedly recommend it.

Regarding software I know ASR has done work on the BMW maps but I'm not sure of specific details. Best I recommend that you call ASR.

M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey Evan do you have any sound clips? What previous exhaust setup did you have and how does it compare? Thanks.
I have to get the clips of my car from my friend, they are on his camera and by no means good, but I will try asap! I had the "eisenmann" Meisterchaft setup before (sec. 1, 2 and 3) and it was much louder and raspier than the ASR setup. Used to get some RICE comments with that one, this one is just pure exotic sound!
Evan

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Evan, whenever you get a chance, just want to get an idea of what it sounds like without headers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts