BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have these? Any improvements? Please comment, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow--those ARE cool!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
They are just rebadged Brembos-albeit they look great. You also have to be careful with the 8 piston setup on the M5 as many times its master cylinder doesn't provide the push needed for a firm pedal feel. Many times the M5 is best off with a 6 or 4 pot caliper setup. I am sure Dave Z can provide more answers on that.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I agree w/ TCM about piston #'s. If you choose to upgrade your brakes I would state IMO go w/ Brembo's. They worked it out where it is a perfect application. You do not need to worry about master cylinder size. All has been worked out. I called Brembo and spoke w/ them before I did my upgrade. The piston sizes in the calipers are exact design for our cars.

I went monster w/ the front 16" rotors and rears 15". Running the front & rear 6 and 4 piston calipers. I love them and they look stout.

I had HRE make me a pair of rear C20's in 18x11" that will clear the rear rotor. This way can run a drag radial for the strip.

I've seen the set up by RDSport which looks very good but they do not offer a 16" (405mm) rotor.

Cheers,
M5Ranger

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree w/ TCM about piston #'s. If you choose to upgrade your brakes I would state IMO go w/ Brembo's. They worked it out where it is a perfect application. You do not need to worry about master cylinder size. All has been worked out. I called Brembo and spoke w/ them before I did my upgrade. The piston sizes in the calipers are exact design for our cars.

I went monster w/ the front 16" rotors and rears 15". Running the front & rear 6 and 4 piston calipers. I love them and they look stout.

I had HRE make me a pair of rear C20's in 18x11" that will clear the rear rotor. This way can run a drag radial for the strip.

I've seen the set up by RDSport which looks very good but they do not offer a 16" (405mm) rotor.

Cheers,
M5Ranger

Pics of those babys would be nice, drilled??? thanks.:typing:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
16 inch rotors:eek:what's the thickness?
Pictures please

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Cheers,
M5Ranger
Man M5Ranger every time I read something else about your car I am more and more impressed with the mods you picked. :applause: That brake and wheel size setup is strong bro!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Hey guys I'm happy to send pics of my M5. I've had the Brembo's for almost a year.
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneydelgado63/M5RangerHREWheels

The front rotors are 405 mm x 35 mm ( wheels are 20" )
The rear rotors are 380 mm x 32 mm

This package is all planned by Brembo and is a simple direct install.
The set up works perfectly w/ the mastercylinder. Pedal feel is perfect.

As I said, if you are going to spend the money on the upgrade I'd only consider Brembo.
Brembo does a 16" rotor set up that will work w/ a 19" wheel. HRE will design a wheel for you that takes into account all the specs of the brakes so you have proper clearance.

Cheers,
M5Ranger...Juan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts