BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to return a gift at the local mall today and while I was in the parking lot noticed a silver grey M5. So naturally I strolled over to look closer and see if there was anyway for me to tell whos car it was.

OMG the thing was trashed!..

Now I can understand not washing/waxing all the time.. not everyone is that obsessive but the inside looked like an unmarked cop car after a 3 day stake out! Food wrappers everywhere soda cans bottled water and various fast food remains covered the seat and floor.

But heres the best part.

In the back seat were kids toys…including markers which some artistic preschooler had used to draw all over the back of the front passenger seat with.

A part of me wanted to stay and see who walked up to this now fallen beast. Another part just wanted to leave the number to a good detailer I know.

I ended up just shaking my head and walking away in disgust.

With a heavy heart the words “how could you!” just hanging in the air.

Some people were just not meant to understand the ///M

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I'm not the only one to have seen other owners topping up their oil with Wal-Mart 10W40 :sad2:

As the cars age, they invariably get cheaper.

There are a lot of not-so-wealthy enthusiasts who cherish their newly acquired used M5s but also plenty of uncaring owners who will never look after their cars properly... sad but true.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
SuperCharged said:
Now I can understand not washing/waxing all the time..
But heres the best part.

Some people were just not meant to understand the ///M
My GOD man! What do you mean you can Understand not washing the Beast, ALL the time? :eek:

How would YOU like it if I said, I could understand People not topping up with OIL all the time. That would require lifting the hood, and getting your hands dirty, and Heaven forbid you might spill some and get the Beast dirty.

I suppose by strapping a hair dryer (S/C) on the beast, you feel you can just drive faster and the wind would blow all the bugs off? hiha (How cool would that be.)

(Silly Post, Of course I'm kidding. Meant to see the lighter side of My Obsession of a spotless Beast).

But no more talk of "understanding" a Filthy beast. ;) Its incomprehensible to me. :flag: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
rost12 said:
Mate, to "understand" you should drop by Canada, in, say, February... :2:
Hey rost12,

I've spoken to my other canadian mates, (GregC & Terk)and they keep showing me these hollywood Movie shots of Snow all over the ground. But I know there really no such thing as snow. Its only on the movies. ;)

We have 365 days of Beast driving weather in OZ, and every four or so years we get 366. hiha :cheers:

San diego Next month. Next year most likely Texas, but I will get to canada. :cheers:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Same deal here in Dubai, MIB. Total sunshine, been here 5 years and had 2 days rain. Snow Schmow. Got racing slicks fitted on my beast (err....not really :hihi: ). Been skiing though, so I know snow exists, just that it's in a parallel universe.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Sean

I know im not the cleanest person on the earth either..but no doubt there are people on this planet that do not have the same love as we do for cars. I parked next to an m3 at San Antonio Airpot this weekend and the thing was pretty trashed inside as well.

Most people treat tehm well..but there are some that just use the car as a status symbol and do not do the upkeep that is required.

I thought we were supposed to use Wal-Mart 5w30..

·
Registered
79 Posts
rained twice in 5 years! God!

I'm a Canuck, transposed into Britain (more specifically, England) - the weather conditions here ROCK - a day or two of snow a year, HOWEVER I never go out on snowy days over here as it's like driving on a rainy day in Los Angeles (i.e. the natives have no idea how to deal with it and are just dangerous)...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rob with the exception of the occasional dog slobber on the back windows your car was spotless.

But then again what fun would the car be if you can’t share it with your best friend?

Anyone know how to get my Akita’s white hairs out of the black carpeting? :1:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
sean,

the best way to get those hairs out are to use a vaccum with a brush end and then either a adhesive tap lint roller or a new thing that i got for Magiks hair on the couch. Its a red mit looking thing and has directional fibers on it...rub the fibers one way and it acts like velcro on the hair...rub the other way and it releases them.. Works great..think i got it at Bed Bath and Beyond or some womens store like that when we were shopping for the house.

By the way..that wasnt dog slobber. It was my slobber..

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not to hijack this thread but I did try the vacuum with the attachment and got no love. I ended up using a lint roller but it was a lot easer because I had already removed the Porsches back seats and put the amps in there so theres a carpeted cover where the seats used to be that can be removed with only a couple of screws. I just pull it out roll it and stick it back.

Still a pain in the ***.

Chaos loves rides in daddys car.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
I'm not the only one to have seen other owners topping up their oil with Wal-Mart 10W40 :sad2:

It does not matter where you purchase your oil, just as long as it is the correct brand and weight. If Walmart has the right stuff at the right price, then it works for me.

Mark

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Mark - I'm referring to the cheap generic Wal Mart oil :crying2:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
MIB said:
San diego Next month. Next year most likely Texas, but I will get to canada. :cheers:
Yeh Yeh Yeh Mark, promises promises.

Oh and this one is just for you. :1:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey guys - Dont be so quick to bash wal-mart oil. In a recent test it was actually one of the best performing oils.

That being said, I don't run it because I have to run 10-60 I'm just sharing something I read that an independant company published.

·
Registered
511 Posts
MIB said:
Hey rost12,

I've spoken to my other canadian mates, (GregC & Terk)and they keep showing me these hollywood Movie shots of Snow all over the ground. But I know there really no such thing as snow. Its only on the movies. ;)

We have 365 days of Beast driving weather in OZ, and every four or so years we get 366. hiha :cheers:

I remember when my cousin from Melbourne visited during Christmas. He wanted to exprience snow. That very weekend we got about a foot of it overnight, and it was coming down thick, flakes about the size of a quarter. Rost knows what I'm talking about.

I also enjoy the look of fear on my American cousins when they come up only to have me blasting down snow covered roads at 40mph. I guess that's why I freak out when I visit Baltimore, DC and Virginia and the locals drive 5 mph on the freeway when it rains...

·
Registered
150 Posts
SuperCharged said:
Now I can understand not washing/waxing all the time.. not everyone is that obsessive but the inside looked like an unmarked cop car after a 3 day stake out! Food wrappers everywhere soda cans bottled water and various fast food remains covered the seat and floor.

But heres the best part.

In the back seat were kids toys…including markers which some artistic preschooler had used to draw all over the back of the front passenger seat with.
Well, my Beast is very clean, but I do have 2 child seats in the back (on top of a custom seat/seat back cover).

HOWEVER, did you ever stop to consider that this guy might be the kind of bastard who owns half a dozen insane exotics, and the M5 is his daily beater?

No repect for the car, obviously, but possibly not much different from someone who rinses his glass with a $250 scotch before pouring the good stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts