1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have just purchased myself a SONY DVX-11a single DIN DVD player
http://www.sony.com.au/xplod/catalog/product.jsp?id=DVX11A

Has anyone got a suggestion on the best place to tap into 'accessory 12v' (I.E powered only on ignition?) I have read a few previous posts that believe any tapping would cause telltale lights due to excessive current draw.

Has anyone tried it and got it to work ok?

I was thinking one of the TV tuner wires would suffice?

While I am asking... I was thinking of putting the DVD in place of the NAV computer (as how often do you really need to access it?). Has anyone tried this before with a good result?

Time to ebay a wiring CD I think.

Cheers,
Aaron

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There are a number of them in the trunk near the cd player, just get a voltmeter out and probe the wire end of plugs for points that give 12v only when the key is on.

But, seriously, you are going to watch DVDs while you drive an M5? Isn't that a bit like reading the paper while engaging in spousal intimacy?

Steve

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
TurboCarrera said:
There are a number of them in the trunk near the cd player, just get a voltmeter out and probe the wire end of plugs for points that give 12v only when the key is on.

But, seriously, you are going to watch DVDs while you drive an M5? Isn't that a bit like reading the paper while engaging in spousal intimacy?

Steve
A bit off topic, but I need to find a power wire near the passenger seat so I can install an expresso machine. Also a small floor drain. Can't interfere with the shifter ...

Seriously though, I'd be cautious with looking for 12v wires- I suspect that there MAY be wires with bus signals that are pulled high and mimic power lines- you do not want to tap one to power a dvd player. Get a WDS off ebay.

A

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.