BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after I paired my blackberry the address book was loaded. Many of the phone numbers are not visible on the screen for those Letters with lots of names in them (e.g., "S").

Do you know how to scroll to those phone numbers that are not visible on the screen ?

·
Registered
917 Posts
after I paired my blackberry the address book was loaded. Many of the phone numbers are not visible on the screen for those Letters with lots of names in them (e.g., "S").

Do you know how to scroll to those phone numbers that are not visible on the screen ?

Not sure if its the same as iPhone, but in my case, the up and down arrows (commonly used to change radio channels) next to the M button do the trick. The iDrive knob can also be used for this purpose, once you highlight one of the numbers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Is there a limit to the # of entries that iDrive can see?

Okay, I have the same question. When I link up my Moto Razr I get to see my complete address book of maybe 100 contacts maximum - all the way from A to Z. But when I link up my Moto Q9C where in the contacts there are something like 2000 contacts it seems that iDrive can only accept the list through say the last name letter Q or R. Is this because there is a limit to the number that the iDrive and BT controller can handle in the cache? If so, does someone have a fix so that you can highlight or tag the favorites that you want iDrive to load? TIA, Tom

·
Registered
187 Posts
once you have selected the letter, move the idrive knob down one click (don't hold it down, that will take you back to the radio) and it should highlight the list. then scroll down by turning the knob clockwise.

·
Registered
223 Posts
once you have selected the letter, move the idrive knob down one click (don't hold it down, that will take you back to the radio) and it should highlight the list. then scroll down by turning the knob clockwise.
Huh? I get that program but that unfortunately is not the question. It appears that the TCU in the car can only read up to a maximum number of entries in a contact list and it therefore truncates the list whereever it runs out of memory. When i link up with a Q with my big list of contacts (2000 or so) you can only see the letters across the bottom from A to about Q or R.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this or am I simply limited by the cache size that the TCU can handle? And if so is there a way to select which contacts get loaded to the car? Thanks again, Tom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts