BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just adjusted my clutch stop today ( I used the ELEVENS rubber washer method) and noticed that the accelerator pedal also has a stop. Will I get better accelaration if I lower the stop or remove it all together (allowing the gas pedal to be pressed down further to the floor) ?

I did a search but couldn't find any info.

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sublimaze said:
I just adjusted my clutch stop today ( I used the ELEVENS rubber washer method) and noticed that the accelerator pedal also has a stop. Will I get better accelaration if I lower the stop or remove it all together (allowing the gas pedal to be pressed down further to the floor) ?

I did a search but couldn't find any info.

Thanks
Any takers?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Good thought.... I was able to adjust the throttle cable on my Porsche to insure WOT. This does not apply to the M5 as it is drive by wire and not a mechanical link. I do wonder if there is adjustment somewhere to insure WOT. Sometime this summer I will have my plenum and velocity stacks off to redo my plenum heat shield. I will have someone fully depress the gas while I look at the buterfly valves. I am assuming they will activate with ignition on/engine off.

Interesting..... ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
mr_bock said:
Good thought.... I was able to adjust the throttle cable on my Porsche to insure WOT. This does not apply to the M5 as it is drive by wire and not a mechanical link. I do wonder if there is adjustment somewhere to insure WOT. Sometime this summer I will have my plenum and velocity stacks off to redo my plenum heat shield. I will have someone fully depress the gas while I look at the buterfly valves. I am assuming they will activate with ignition on/engine off.

Interesting..... ;)
Please let us know how it works out!

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
While cleaning my car today, I found a clutch stop look alike bolted to the floor behind the gas pedal. In seems to prevent the accelerator from full travel. Has anyone fiddled with this "gas-stop"? Will it improve WOT or MAF readings if I lower the stop or yank it out all together?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
dont remove the stop or adjust it, you wont see any improvement. the amount of pedal travel set from the factory is more than enough to completely open the throttles.

·
Registered
832 Posts
dont remove the stop or adjust it, you wont see any improvement. the amount of pedal travel set from the factory is more than enough to completely open the throttles.
+1

If you've ever taken the plenum off to clean your throttle bodies or whatever, you'll see that you can achieve WOT or pretty close to it without making any modification to the accelerator stop underneath the pedal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts