The price is also nice however,
€ 260,000.00

I envy the guy who buys one of those.

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,795 Posts
SalesOrgBuilder said:
I would like to know if it is only a show car and how the real performance on a race track is compared with a original M6.
My guess is that is will do very well, all the other concept cars has done well.

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,795 Posts
Marku5 said:
OMG. That's so frikkin ugly! Can you imagine driving around in that? Not exactly a "sleeper".
Oh yes, but maybe I would have changed the colours a bit.....

All black would be nice, and the exhaust look bad.
Normal round one are more my taste.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Supercar Tuner: BMW M6 Tension

SPECIALS

Six-Pack Abs: BMW did a reliably great job on M6, but AC Schnitzer went nuts on it

MATT DAVIS
Published Date: 10/24/05
AC Schnitzer seriously blew its concept-car bankroll at Frankfurt with the M6-based Tension. The paint job alone is so killer, we couldn’t help but want this show mobile on a Woodward Dream Cruise. Given the 5.0-liter V10 in the M6 is based on the current Formula One engine, improving the power here is a subtle endeavor. Rather than dump a chip in there and wind it up to 1000 hp, it is the header and complete exhaust system that change to unleash a perfectly happy 544 hp, or 44 extra steeds, with minimal remapping.

Torque meanwhile gets a poke from 376 lb-ft peaking at 6100 rpm to 390 at 6200. With no rev limiter, the beast is free to keep pulling to 202 mph, with a 0-to-62-mph time of just 4.5 seconds vs. the standard M6’s 4.6 seconds.

The custom forged wheels—produced by AC Schnitzer exclusively for the BMW M cars—are a new design going on sale in December, and they are truly to be loved. They measure 10x20 inches on the Tension.

A key aspect of the design, just by looking at it, is that hunkered-down effect. Inspir-ation comes from European touring car racing series, but it is more than just lowering springs that brings the Tension down by 1.2 inches from a standard M6.

The engine cover gets a vented power bulge, each front fender extends out one more inch, and the inserted vents in those fenders are big breathing holes for the brakes.

In back the trunk lid loses the integrated spoiler, and a separate spoiler is attached. Along with the paint fun, these surgical interventions make the Tension just about as evil-looking as we could hope.

The skirting all around plus large rear diffuser with added spoiler extending down suck the M6 flat to the pavement. Not too far, since the stiffer, fully adjustable racing suspension is there to stop it. An antiroll-bar kit is attached front and rear, and a specially developed aluminum, carbon fiber strut brace in front keeps chassis torsion in check.

The sport exhaust system uses the header-catalyst-muffler-tailpipe switcheroo to extract all those extra horses and torque from the 5.0-liter. Hearing the car’s exhaust note as it was being placed on the stand at Frankfurt, the hairs on our neck rose with every throttle dab.

Changing the angle of the rear spoiler can—as a cost option—be programmed remote­- ly from inside the car, or in standard trim there are two wings you switch out, carrying the one not currently in use in a cloth sleeve in the trunk. Steeper angle for high-downforce weekend track time, flatter angle for cruising around the roads with fellow humans. The underbody diffuser can also be altered.

Though AC Schnitzer insists the Tension is merely for show and to display various M6 accessorizing possibilities, the company also put a price on it: $310,000, as shown.

This styling and power upgrade is available for North America. AC Schnitzer will display the Tension at SEMA on the Claus Ettensberger Corp. stand, the authorized importer and vendor for this likeable land rocket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts