1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its called the TENSION and is based on the M6

http://www.germancarfans.com/tuners.cfm/TunerID/7050913.001/bmw/1.html

"
The basis for the extensive conversion could only be one vehicle: the 507 HP BMW M6, which underwent a performance upgrade as the first development stage. Optimising the entire engine management system and fitting a new AC Schnitzer exhaust manifold system with special catalyst, sports rear silencer with chromed tailpipe trims in right/left combination in "Sports Trim Design" help the TENSION achieve an incredible 406 kW / 552 HP. The Sports Trim Design will also shortly be included in the AC Schnitzer sports rear silencer range exclusively for the new BMW M vehicles.

Even more imposing than the pure engine power is the maximum torque of 540 Nm at 6200 rpm, which pushes the driver back in the seat and catapults the TENSION explosively to 100 km/h in just 4.5 seconds."

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
To bad it can't outrun its looks with all that newfounded power. The ACS 6 series bodykit jsut does not do anything for me. I think Hamann has a much better stance on the 6.

·
Registered
703 Posts

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
TCM said:
To bad it can't outrun its looks with all that newfounded power.
hiha hiha hiha :thumbsup:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
955 Posts
Gustav said:
Questions is if we ever can test or see that engine modification...
i think BMW has an aggreement with ACS, that ACS will not be selling engine upgrades for M engines. and thus for the past few generation of M cars, all ACS offered was the body-kit, rims, and interior trim.

S85 engine should be no exception.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
I think it is just a board decision of AC Schnitzer: engine tuing is not as profitable. Maybe I am incorrect?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Gustav said:
I think it is just a board decision of AC Schnitzer: engine tuing is not as profitable. Maybe I am incorrect?
whatever the real reason behind it is. it does make me wonder why they bother to put all the R&D into engine upgrade for M engines, knowing they are not going to offer it to public later on anyway.

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,797 Posts
Gustav said:

One of the reasson is that is is very expensive to that kind of tuning on such an engine in a quality that AC schnitzer reqire.

Regarding the 4,5 sec short sprint time, ACS has alway been conservative. Another thing is, I do not belive 40 hp on this level would help the 0-100 kph much, the difference will not be obvious until much higher speed are reached.

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,797 Posts
TCM said:
To bad it can't outrun its looks with all that newfounded power. The ACS 6 series bodykit jsut does not do anything for me. I think Hamann has a much better stance on the 6.

I agree this body kit is not ACS finest. But this car is never going to hit the streets. This is a showcase, purely made for marketing. Unless offcourse a very rich guy put up the money......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts