BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought my 2000 e39 M5 with 85k miles. Last week was pretty muggy at night, it was very humid. i put the windshield defroster on cold but only heat came out?? very weird, so i just said ill check it out later , maybe some AC/Heat flap is stuck (if the is a flap), still very new to this car. So 2 days ago i was using the ac (cold) and the car was still very hot, so i changed the distribution to vents and floor. 5 min into my drive the car is still hot!! it feels like a heat wave is coming from the back, i just thought the car sat in the sun for too long. The car was getting warmer inside so i put my hand in the back floor and felt heat.??? So i was getting A/C from the main vents and HEAT from the floor. Then i changed it back to just the main vents and the A/C was still blowing very cold. What should i be looking for?? is this a common problem for e39 m5?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just recently bought my 2000 e39 M5 with 85k miles. Last week was pretty muggy at night, it was very humid. i put the windshield defroster on cold but only heat came out?? very weird, so i just said ill check it out later , maybe some AC/Heat flap is stuck (if the is a flap), still very new to this car. So 2 days ago i was using the ac (cold) and the car was still very hot, so i changed the distribution to vents and floor. 5 min into my drive the car is still hot!! it feels like a heat wave is coming from the back, i just thought the car sat in the sun for too long. The car was getting warmer inside so i put my hand in the back floor and felt heat.??? So i was getting A/C from the main vents and HEAT from the floor. Then i changed it back to just the main vents and the A/C was still blowing very cold. What should i be looking for?? is this a common problem for e39 m5?
Think this care has some way of telling when the AC Refrigerent is getting low, and directs the cool air to the Driver vent only

Remember noticing that the Driver side was cool on mine, but the passenger side was warm, was told that's the issue

half can of refrigerent later, all good

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Windshield defrost only puts out heat. The floor heat can be one of two things, as mentioned AC system needing maintenance or the heater valve under the hood has gone bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts