BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking of Autoecu1 in FL on ebay for $139, you ship your unit and they repair,
Who has had one done recently and can recommend a good place?
Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thanks. I've seen them for $300.
Just thought I'd see how the $139 one is if anyone had them do theirs??

·
Registered
64 Posts
I used BBA Remanufacturing on eBay back in 2016. It was $170, and I'm pretty sure they also included the shipping cost both ways. I can't find their link on eBay anymore, but here's a link to their direct website: BBA E39 ABS Rebuild.

Fixed my trifecta warning light issue and I didn't have to do any special reprogramming. Just plugged in my Bluetooth OBD scanner, erased all codes, and was good to go.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks xfr, appreciate the link.
I've done all my hubs and wheel sensors, and dealt with this on another one a few yeas ago but sourced a scrap one locally that was reprogrammed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I replaced the hydro unit (not the module) on my 2002 M5 and it addressed my soft pedal issue. I'd been chasing it for months. After replacing the pads, rotors, all rubber hoses, master cylinder and booster (and all vacuum lines), I still had a very soft pedal (excessive travel). I had no warning lights but took a shot and got a rebuilt hydro unit from BBA reman for $300 and it solved the problem. There must have been an internal leak or stuck solenoid. From what I gather this failure is rare, but it's worth it if you can't locate the source of the issue otherwise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts