BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car I have is an E39 1999 M5 (UK Version - RHD)

Just wanted to know whether I need to get the exact part no. of

0265 950 001
with DSC because that is what mine is (attached to ABS pump with part no. 0265 225 002)

for my ABS Module, to get it to work, or can I get one that is

0 265 900 001

or

1 265 950 002

or

0 265 950 001 with Pump no. 0 265 225 001

etc ...etc ...

Also Do I need to get it coded because I was told that if I get the exact right one I can just install it and it won't need coding or can I just buy a second hand one and stick it in or do I have to buy it new.

There is currently an E39 M5 being broken down on eBay that has an ABS Pump + Module for sale but it says that it's an ASC system?? I thought that an E39 M5 only had a DSC system??

BEFORE YOU SUGGEST:

Just in case you suggest a rebuild, I have already taken it to BBA REMAN for a rebuild but it is beyond repair. Probably because I tried to solder the broken wires myself unsuccessfully! :(

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
ANY new part will need coding.

It's like buying a new computer with blank hard drives - you have to load all the needed information onto it.

the same applies to this module. Chances are you won't find the same part number as the part has been revised in some fashion, even if you did and it was new, it still has a blank memory. However, all new BMW parts are designed so that they can be retrofitted (via software) onto older cars - there are exceptions and they will be noted on www.realoem.com.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts