BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting INPA to work correctly to diagnosis the the trinity of brake error lights (ABS, DSC and Brake lights), it looks like the ABS module might be finally done.

Here are the errors that I see.

Reading #1:
59 DMER1 CAN error message
114 pressure Sensor (Offset)
105 Brake light switch plausibility

Reading #2 (about a week later):
59 DMER1 CAN error message
115 pressure Sensor interference
105 Brake light switch plausibility

What leads me to believe that the ABS module is bad is the presence (or there lack of) of the 114 and 115 errors. I read in another post that there can be erratic readings like this when the ABS module is going bad.

Just a couple of questions for the community.

1) Does the diagnosis look correct? I tried searching, but didn't quite exactly find what I was looking for, which was surprising especially with the error codes.

2) Is the 105 error worth looking into or is that part of the potential ABS module problem?

3) Given the lack of errors with any of the wheel sensors based on reading the memory, it's probably not worthwhile to replace them as that does not appear to be the source of the error lights. Is that correct?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Looking at your codes it might be worth swapping out the brake light switch to eliminate it from your investigation....from memory they become misadjusted or fail.

Its located just behind your brake pedal at the top...

·
Registered
69 Posts
1) Does the diagnosis look correct? I tried searching, but didn't quite exactly find what I was looking for, which was surprising especially with the error codes.

2) Is the 105 error worth looking into or is that part of the potential ABS module problem?

3) Given the lack of errors with any of the wheel sensors based on reading the memory, it's probably not worthwhile to replace them as that does not appear to be the source of the error lights. Is that correct?
1) Odds are that it is the ABS module, unfortunately.
2) I suspect this is a symptom of the ABS module
3) It's be worth testing the sensors, just in case. There is a procedure on bimmerfest.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I have an E39 unit that needs coding, sold the E39...I THINK its good as the error wasnt fixed by the new module but by wheel sensors...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts