BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Yesterday while setting off from work ABS DSC light came up with the amber light ABS on main display .

It didnt affected any thing ( though TA again ) but no , all was fine. Plugged code reader and it couldn't find any fault- code , turned ignition on off few times , still on . Weird.

This morning started engine ABS DSC light on , after 30 seconds all came back to normal.

Anyone came across anything like that ?

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
My car pinged up with this error as it was being driven into the service bay of the dealership. The problem was found out to be a fault with the DSC hydo unit, which had to be replaced and coded etc... Luckily it was covered under the BMW Mondial warranty. I think there's a long thread on here about fellow owner who have had the same problem.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
185 Posts
My guess, actuator. it will fail progressively until it stops altogether. Whereupon the car goes into limp mode (aka bloody annoying mode).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Matt C
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing