BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I have a little update if it can be of use to another member.

The lights are gone!!!

I've sprayed some electrical contact cleaner on the connectors (both sides) and re-connected the plug on the module. Since that, no lights!

I'm not totally sure it completely fixed it, but I drove close to 200 miles since and no trouble.

OR maybe the warm weather may have helped tightening the connection in the module...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Lights came back on.
Weird thing is that the more I use the car, it take more time before lighting up. For instance, the car was in the garage for a week and i took 5 min to show. Drove the car a few times within the last 2 days, and it didn't show in the last 35min trip.
The pressure sensor seems good has it gives a reading when applying pressure on the brakes.
I have also a code for the brake fluid switch and for the brake light switch.
Don't think the module is defective because ABS and DSC are working normally until I have the lights.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Lights came back on.
Weird thing is that the more I use the car, it take more time before lighting up. For instance, the car was in the garage for a week and i took 5 min to show. Drove the car a few times within the last 2 days, and it didn't show in the last 35min trip.
The pressure sensor seems good has it gives a reading when applying pressure on the brakes.
I have also a code for the brake fluid switch and for the brake light switch.
Don't think the module is defective because ABS and DSC are working normally until I have the lights.

ABS and DSC are working normally until I have the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for your irrelevant contribution.
If you searched and did some of your own digging you’d realize that these modules can go INOP immediately. But more often than not they start to fail intermittently. $95 repair from BBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts