BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I had a bad ABS pump (diagnosed by two different shops). Replaced it with one rebuilt by BBA Remanufacturing. Swapped out the units, did a normal manual bleed, then did an ABS bleed using the INPA software. But when I restarted the car the brake pedal still went to the floor. Ran the bleed INPA program again - with same bad results.
Should I be doing something different with the software? Is there something I should run with DIS instead?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi All,
I had a bad ABS pump (diagnosed by two different shops). Replaced it with one rebuilt by BBA Remanufacturing. Swapped out the units, did a normal manual bleed, then did an ABS bleed using the INPA software. But when I restarted the car the brake pedal still went to the floor. Ran the bleed INPA program again - with same bad results.
Should I be doing something different with the software? Is there something I should run with DIS instead?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I feel your pain....so many places for little air bubbles to get caught in the ABS systems ?

I haven’t had to do my M’s ABS bleed yet from a part change out ( and hope to never, lol) so I’m not sure specifically for these cars, but for others I have done, I first did the manual bleed on the lines as normal ( like when you change a caliper or something ) then I had to cycle the ABS system using the software tool WHILE performing the manual bleed again. Did the manual bleed on all four then the manual bleed on all four while cycling the ABS module with the software.

This may be what you did so that info may not have helped though.

May be different for our cars though or others may know a better way in general, but it seemed logical that I had to open the valves in the ABS module while manually pulling fluid through the valves to “pull “ any little bubbles out of the module.

My worry was that I would burn out the valve solenoids if I held them open for very long so I pumped up the vacuum bleeder, opened the valves with the software and open the bleed fitting, closed the bleed fitting and turned the valve off in the software. Repeated this several times to get all of the bubbles out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts