Greetings. Getting ready to buy an M5 (in Southern California). A few questions for the group:
1. From snooping around, it seems that there are some differences in the cars in late-2001 forward, but are they significant?
2. How rare is the two-tone interior (is that silverstone)?
3. If a care doesn't have nav, how hard is it to pop one in?
4. What should I expect to pay for an extended warranty from a dealer (7/100K mi)?
5. Although it clearly will vary by drivers, at what mileage should I expect a clutch on this beast to need replacement (meaning, if I buy a car with 40Kmi, should I expect to pop in a new clutch around 50K? And if so, how much should a good clutch replacement cost me?
6. I'm biased in favor of a CPO, but it seems that people have good experience here with private party deals. Does anyone have a good mechanic recommendation in LA to do an inspection of a private party car?
7. If I buy private, can I take it to a dealer to buy an extended warranty (if the car is still in warranty?).
Thanks. I cannot wait to get my hands on the right car.