BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Board-

Well apparently I was smoking crack and tried something other than my beloved Zaino Bros. ouich Now I have some nappy white residue around my sun/moon roof, the mouldings around the windows, windscreen, etc. I have tried rubbing the sh!t but the stuff seems pretty embedded.:grrrr: I have learned my lesson and from now on it's ONLY ZAINO!!

Anyone know of a way to remove this chemically without damaging clearcoat or paint?:confused2

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
540 Posts
ok, a little retrospect first...

use blue painters tabe to mask those non-metallic trim pieces before waxing.

since the horse is already out of the barn, try 3M wax/tar remover. I think if you do a search here, you will find the product number. Wear gloves with this product as i find it irritating to the skin.

good luck

al

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is it on the rubber seals? Maybe a microfiber towel and some warm water would help loosen the dried wax?

Also, there's a product called Mother's Back to Black, which is meant to restore the health and condition of rubber-and other black, exterior moldings and trim pieces. I haven't personally used this product, and would use caution around painted surfaces, but I know people who have used it with great results. It's available at auto parts and hardware stores. Good luck!

-Matt

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
its one of these, not sure that works..i think its the vinegar..

Iso Alch. or White Vinegar

also after taking it off, try Mother's Back To Black stuff..i use it on all my black trim

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Try some peanut oil on a rag as well. It is very effective at removing the residue from the black trim. Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have used the "back to black" as well, but it only masks the wax and does not remove it. You will continually need to apply the stuff, but it does look good when fresh.

al

·
Banned
300 Posts
vinegar works wonders cherrsagai

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Wooden toothpicks & cotton buds are useful tools for getting the wax residue out of all those tricky places.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See...that's why this Board is so great.

I think I'll try all of the suggestions. In my mind, nothing looks worse than a car with all of that white "wax" residue on all of the black parts. Fortunately, it's just on/around the windows. Looks like it'll be sunny this week. When I get 'er fixed, I will post a pic or two as several have asked about a picture(s) with the MTechnic grill/splitter on and painted gloss black on an Imola car.

Thanks again Board!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts