BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Board-

Well apparently I was smoking crack and tried something other than my beloved Zaino Bros. ouich Now I have some nappy white residue around my sun/moon roof, the mouldings around the windows, windscreen, etc. I have tried rubbing the sh!t but the stuff seems pretty embedded.:grrrr: I have learned my lesson and from now on it's ONLY ZAINO!!

Anyone know of a way to remove this chemically without damaging clearcoat or paint?:confused2

Thanks in advance

· Registered
542 Posts
ok, a little retrospect first...

use blue painters tabe to mask those non-metallic trim pieces before waxing.

since the horse is already out of the barn, try 3M wax/tar remover. I think if you do a search here, you will find the product number. Wear gloves with this product as i find it irritating to the skin.

good luck

al

· Registered
F10 M5 Comp
71 Posts
Is it on the rubber seals? Maybe a microfiber towel and some warm water would help loosen the dried wax?

Also, there's a product called Mother's Back to Black, which is meant to restore the health and condition of rubber-and other black, exterior moldings and trim pieces. I haven't personally used this product, and would use caution around painted surfaces, but I know people who have used it with great results. It's available at auto parts and hardware stores. Good luck!

-Matt

· Registered
4,536 Posts
Try some peanut oil on a rag as well. It is very effective at removing the residue from the black trim. Hope this helps and good luck.

· Banned
306 Posts
vinegar works wonders cherrsagai

· Registered
14,478 Posts
Wooden toothpicks & cotton buds are useful tools for getting the wax residue out of all those tricky places.

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
See...that's why this Board is so great.

I think I'll try all of the suggestions. In my mind, nothing looks worse than a car with all of that white "wax" residue on all of the black parts. Fortunately, it's just on/around the windows. Looks like it'll be sunny this week. When I get 'er fixed, I will post a pic or two as several have asked about a picture(s) with the MTechnic grill/splitter on and painted gloss black on an Imola car.

Thanks again Board!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.