BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my dynos so far. First one is baseline(charcoal filter out/BMC filter) and then two runs with scoops added. Second one is runs with AA exhaust and ecu. I think there was a little more power but they did 4-5 runs before I got there and told them to use 5th gear. Comparing dynos they did 4th gear to 5th gear was about 6whp and wtq difference. My exhaust only dyno went to 444whp from 438whp so if in the right gear would have been 448-550. Meaning about 10-12whp from the exhaust and the ecu only gave about 3whp and tq. I also added Dinan FRC, Rear anti roll bar and eibach springs I can feel a diff but its raining here so cant give any real impressions of the handing or power.:sad3: Ill get some pics and videos up later.

·
Registered
700 Posts
thanks for the post cjm6. looks like there is more gain than there is loss. the other thread regarding 2ndary cat deletion goes over some principles of back pressure and lack thereof.
this post helps legitimizes the claims that AA published on their site... and motivates me more to spend the dough on an exhaust. again, my concern was more about loss of power, not gain.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
:thankyou:10-12hp gain from exhaust, that's impressive:goldcup: Did u run dyno separate between AA exhaust and ecu?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
by the way... are you pleased with the new sound (so far)? any difference from the butt dyno?

It was drizzling all day so didnt get to play with it all that much. From what I did get to do I could feel the extra power. My buddy whos been in the car a lot says he could too. I think it sounds really good the only thing I dont like is when I fist start it up and am driving out of the neighborhood at low rpms there is some drone but it seems to go away once warmed up. Guess Ill let you know when I get more time to play with it. And Ill get some videos when its done raining since its supposed to rain tomm as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:thankyou:10-12hp gain from exhaust, that's impressive:goldcup: Did u run dyno separate between AA exhaust and ecu?
Yeah my origional runs were in 5th and then exhaust only runs were 444whp 333tq in 4th. Exhaust+ECU in 4th was 447-448 and 336-337tq so about 3 hp and tq. Then the 451 run was exhaust+ecu in 5th but was after 4 back to back 4th gear runs plus a 400hp mode run. They didnt remember I did my original runs in 5th until I got there and reminded them thats why all the runs in diff gears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts