BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Somebody's found a way of showing the radio station they are listening to on the on-board display.:wow:

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
Somebody's found a way of showing the radio station they are listening to on the on-board display.:wow:
Yours doesn't?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Lol interestng. Since buying mine in 2008, I've never used the radio tuner so I'm not sure if mine displays the station.

·
Registered
199 Posts
When ever you advance your station selection with the steering wheel button it shows you what station you have preset. The WAVE was in San Diego 30 years ago. Must still be there.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The earlier models did not do this, thus some members being a bit confused/shocked. Its a nice later year feature, can also easily be retrofitted to the earlier models so if this is an early model its a good sign the owner was a "good" type of enthusiast - using the expensive OEM parts, versus cheap Dynavin stuff or etc...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha! I knew it did that for cd's when you use steering wheel buttons. Never knew it did that for radio. Thanks! Love how I'm still learning stuff about my car!

·
Registered
691 Posts
The earlier models did not do this, thus some members being a bit confused/shocked. Its a nice later year feature, can also easily be retrofitted to the earlier models so if this is an early model its a good sign the owner was a "good" type of enthusiast - using the expensive OEM parts, versus cheap Dynavin stuff or etc...
Mine is made 1998 and has this too. Maybe a Euro thing or the sound system used....

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Pretty sure I have the radio station show up on the cluster like that. 09/99 build.

Than again, I have preface steering wheel still on and can't see the cluster unless I lean over. #prefaceliftproblems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts