BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since this classic item (Arizona Dentist) was posted. I thought I should bring it up again to warn some of the junior members looking to buy a car.

Be very careful out there. You should check a car both physically and all the documentation etc. before parting with your money.

Here is the story:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3078503/

You have been warned :nono:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Another common scam is found on Yahoo Autos:

The perfect M, at a fantastic price. You ask via email for more details and the reply states that with a $3000 (or $5000) deposit he will ship it to you for your inspection- if you accept the car (and "I am sure you will becasue it is in perfect condition") just wire the rest of the money to him. You don't need to put up the entire amount before you see the car.

You WILL loose your deposit.

Anyone who sends a dime to anyone WITHOUT seeing the car in person is a fool. You can get virtually anywhere in the US for a few hundred dollars- cheap insurance.

The simple test for a scam is to reply "great, let me know where the car is and I'll fly out Staurday". If the reply is ANYTHING other than "fine".... walk. You'll hear, "well, it's in Spain, or London, or it is in transit, or...." Just walk.

This cliche has been used to death, but it is so true: If it sounds too good to be true it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts