BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
A lovely example and price is right IMO only worry for me is the visible lack of maintenance, only two service stamps and two check stamps in 15 years is not enough

Nice find though:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
At about £36,000 it is not silly money and if the bodywork is good well worth a punt. I would not be over concerned by the lack of mileage or service stamps, but i would like to know how it had been stored and has the car been run on a regular basis even if for 50-100km a month. Great colours.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
This is a well known sales add. This car has been for sale for at least a year. First in Germany, then in the Netherlands and now in Germany again
(from the same dealer). The mileage is in fact above 20.000 km (19.900 km just sounds better). No doubt a good car in a good shape.
-
The VIN is known. It is NOT a 6-speed, although is has the upgrade package offered by BMW to M5/M5touring owners with a 1992-1994
model year car. It is not sure if the car has the compound breaks upgrade but it does definately not have the 6-speed-gear-box.
-
The car was apparently purchased by the car dealer on speculation, although he had stated to purchase the car for his private collection.
The car has only had one owner/user exept for the involved dealers.
-
There already exists a 'thread' for this car here, also telling the VIN. I will try to look it up and place a link here.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
The brakes look like the floating discs and with the wide grill I thought it was a 6sp, then I checked the picture and can see it's only a 5sp! The book shows the service at +20k too!

It all looks good though:byebye:

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
This is a well known sales add. This car has been for sale for at least a year. First in Germany, then in the Netherlands and now in Germany again
(from the same dealer). The mileage is in fact above 20.000 km (19.900 km just sounds better). No doubt a good car in a good shape.
-
The VIN is known. It is NOT a 6-speed, although is has the upgrade package offered by BMW to M5/M5touring owners with a 1992-1994
model year car. It is not sure if the car has the compound breaks upgrade but it does definately not have the 6-speed-gear-box.
-
The car was apparently purchased by the car dealer on speculation, although he had stated to purchase the car for his private collection.
The car has only had one owner/user exept for the involved dealers.
-
There already exists a 'thread' for this car here, also telling the VIN. I will try to look it up and place a link here.
-
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-discussion/148055-20-000-klm-touring-sale-3.html

·
Registered
1,972 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Very nice example!

Hope someone can help me, but I'm trying to get the correct P/N for my throttle cable (accelerator cable) that has some wear and needs replacement. My Euro M5 didn't bring cruise control but there are two cables in the throttle linkage attached. One goes down next to a module or something, what is that?

Would be this the correct P/N I'm looking to replace my accelerator cable?

13 54 1 401 139

I see this car described, has 3 cables, I guess one is for the cruise control as seen, one for the accelerator and the other would be for module input of acceleration for the EDC system or something else?

Thanks for any input

·
10,458 Posts
that cable actually goes to a speed limiter. It pulls back on the throttle when you hit the car's electronically limited speed. Leave it out and you're de-limited.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts