BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Kind of ironic that we have this stirring assessment of the E60 M5, and a few threads earlier, a poor fellow disgusted with his M5 due to all the errors and issues...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Awesome article.

I was blown away when the E60 M5 first came out in the US. The performance and amount of tech/engineering was pretty mind-blowing. I was in my mid 20s at the time and could never even dream of affording it brand new. Having one now, years later, still feels special.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Well written article, a shame that the price that these cars can be obtained for now does not reflect the car being a "legend" status.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm looking for an E46 M3 Rolling chassis to use for a motor and drivetrain build and cant find one for a decent price, Some of the E46 M3s are higher then some E60 M5's hmmm

·
Registered
657 Posts
The E46 M3 is the most iconic M3 from BMW. IMO it's what set the standard stage for all subsequent M cars BMW produced. So since BMW enthusiasts will still buy E46s, the price is still locked in that $16-25k range up until now.

As far as the E60 M5, sure it may not have the "legend" price tag to go with it nowadays, but the maintenance cost is not practical for most people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts