BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I are leaving the movies yesterday and as we approach the car there about 6-8 teens standing around it chatting...As we get closer, I pop the locks and all of them look over and one of the gals asks me what series it is? I tell her it's an M5 and suddenly all them have serious interest in car - - asking all kind of questions :D My wife senses my obvious but contained joy and excuses herself from the crowd while getting in the car...After she hopped in, we all chatted for a bit and a couple of them asked for a ride in a joking manner and started walking around the car just galking at it...Since I live in the land of mucho Porsches and Ferrari's it's always really cool getting compliments no matter who it's coming from :cheers:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
:cheers:

Nice!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I also live in SoCal, and the very first day I got the car I got some hoots from a couple of kids in a ricer. I did a little burnout for them on Euclid and they hooted some more. I was somewhat surprised that they knew what an M5 was, moreso that they cared. Maybe that generation isn't totally lost to musclecars.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Great story! Thank you for sharing it!

When I got mine, my 16 year old son and his buddies were just as excited about it as I was!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
My only other good story was at a NRA basic pistol instructor's class. We were going outside for a break. I saw two guys walking over to my M5 and when I got there the first one was saying, "Ok, who owns my dream car so I can kick his ***." From a foot behind him I replied, "That would be me." The situation was more funny since I was a good 6" taller than him. Anyway, we chatted a bit and had a good laugh. Apparently Imola Red was this guy's favorite color too.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The other day I am at my usually gas station filling up and I hear a voice say "is that a real M5?". I turn around and there is this 20 something kid standing there. I tell him yes it is, he says "I don't believe you, are you kidding?". So, I tell him, would you like to see the engine I am getting ready to check the oil level? After seeing the engine he is all jazzed up an goes on and on about the car. So, I figure what the hell, "do you wanna go for a ride?" Now he has nothing to say but, YEA!

I took him for a nice spirited ride for about 5 miles total. I figure if you know what it is and you know that much about it, he desvered it. Oh, and anyone who says they wouldn't have a stranger in thier car needs to relax, besides I have a concealed weapons permit.lovelove My wife, child, M5 and sig .357!!!!lovelove
Anyway, my latest story.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took him for a nice spirited ride for about 5 miles total. I figure if you know what it is and you know that much about it, he desvered it.
Followed by "$10 please" - - vehicle usage fee due to insane fuel costs :D Great story btw...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts