BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Evolve soft ware work with windows 7 ? And I plan on putting my car on a Dyno on Tuesday is there any tips you could give me? Like what gear? My friend has a 2010 c63 and he could put it in Dyno mode can I do that with my m5? Last time I went on a Dyno my dash light up like a Christmas tree lol does that make it go into limp mode? Should I leave the hood open or closed? The numbers that the operator puts into the computer should be ? Should I do the runs on my stock 19" or my 21" hre's (which are lighter and I fell faster on) tires ? This will be done on a Mustang Dynamometer dm1100.

Sorry for all the questions.

I plan on going for three Dyno sessions the first on consisting of Evolve cold air vs the bmc air filters in the stock box cf removed on a Eurocharge tune. Then the second session will be the same thing on a Autologic tune and the third session will be on a Evolve alpha n tune. As far as my other mods they are pulley, gutted primary cats and cut outs before the muffler. By the way I'm keeping the Evolve tune for the end because I believe this will be the best. :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All three sessions will be done in a week and a half to two week time period to try and keep the same temps. And I guess I could record the iat on a obd II scanner.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Is your car SMG or 6MT? We just dynoed my friends 2009 M5 SMG with Evolve Tune and found 6th gear with a 1:1 ratio made the most power. You have to disable DSC completely and make sure the hood is closed or the wheels will not spin at all. When dynoing my 2008 M5 6MT, 5th gear with a 1:1 ratio makes the most power. We use one of the coil packs on the left bank to get the best tach signal.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The popular choice for dyno pulls is 4th gear.

What type of dyno will you be using?

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
I dynoed mine in 4th and 5th gear, there was not much of a change.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Will the Evolve soft ware work with windows 7 ? And I plan on putting my car on a Dyno on Tuesday is there any tips you could give me? Like what gear? My friend has a 2010 c63 and he could put it in Dyno mode can I do that with my m5? Last time I went on a Dyno my dash light up like a Christmas tree lol does that make it go into limp mode? Should I leave the hood open or closed? The numbers that the operator puts into the computer should be ? Should I do the runs on my stock 19" or my 21" hre's (which are lighter and I fell faster on) tires ? This will be done on a Mustang Dynamometer dm1100.

Sorry for all the questions.

I plan on going for three Dyno sessions the first on consisting of Evolve cold air vs the bmc air filters in the stock box cf removed on a Eurocharge tune. Then the second session will be the same thing on a Autologic tune and the third session will be on a Evolve alpha n tune. As far as my other mods they are pulley, gutted primary cats and cut outs before the muffler. By the way I'm keeping the Evolve tune for the end because I believe this will be the best. :)

1) Dyno mode: Just turn the DSC off completely in P500S. The Mustang Dynamometer dm1100 is a 4 wheel dyno so you should not have any problems.

2) Hood: Keep it closed. Otherwise, the car will not send the power to the wheels.

3) Dyno Factors: Whatever the operator puts in the dyno. Just make sure he uses the same factors for all the sessions.

4) Wheels: I would use 19" as they would have better gearing and would show better results. Make sure your tyres are not over/under inflated.

Good Luck

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
He said a Mustang dyno.
Oops. Missed that part of his original post, thanks.

At least on a Dynojet, I've seen on my car, and multiple other cars in fact, that in 5th gear, we yielded maybe an extra ~7whp vs 4th. On a dynapack, I saw about 20whp increase in 3rd gear vs 4th gear.

Since majority of people seem to use 4th, that's what I use for comparison.

Reactions: Mcc420

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
You can keep the hood open you just have to close the hood latch by hand so it detects that it's closed. I would dyno with it closed anyways so the results are more real world lol.

·
Company Representative for evolve automotive
852 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts