BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

A package arrived at Kelleners

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  johann 
#1 ·
We recieved some parts for the new engine.

New crank

Con rods in titanium

Pistons that are much lighter than stock pistons

The parts will be used to make a 3.4 l conversion.

Special made headers might give some addtional power increase.

Finally we have also have two sets of airboxes one CSL airbox and one custom made. We will try both to see which gives us most power.

Once this have been tested out it might be available as a tuning package from Kelleners Sport.

Cheers,
/Johan

See less See more
#2 ·
johan,

you are really going all out on this arent you?;)

Who company manufactured the rods and pistons? Also what CR are you going to run on those pistons? In addition the pistons seem to be coated, and chance you could tell me what coating might be on them?

As for the airboxes, who did the custom box as I know that the CSL and Delage airboxes are about equal in efficiency.

Very nice stuff!

#3 ·
This year we take one step further. :)

Pistons were special made for BMW Motorsport by Mahle. CR will be 12.5:1. Don't know what coating or material there made of but they're 309 g inc. bolt. AS for con rods, I don't remember but will check with Ralf Kelleners as soon as he is back from testing at Daytona.

The airbox is made by a German company, can't tell you the name right now.

Thanks! :)

Cheers,
/Johan

#6 · (Edited)
What you are doing is unbelieveable Johan :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keep up the great work and let us know your steps :cheers:

#9 ·
Dirim said:
Johan,

Looking goood! You bet some of those mods will end up in other members' cars once they get a thumbs up from you guys. ;) Thanks for experimenting on behalf of all M3 owners and keep us posted...

Ufuk
Wow great looking parts Johan!,

Yeah I'll be queing :D better start saving from now!

#12 ·
luvelyluvely!

Dunno if I'm the only one, but the internals of a high peformance engine are pieces of art to me. Screw paintings or statues, I can spend hours looking at this kind of stuff, and then enjoy them as they perform there art togheter as a finished engine.

If you could keep us updated with pics of the engine build, I'd be very gratefull!

Good luck with the build-up. Can't wait to see the car back in action.

Regards,

Gerrit

#14 ·
kAtAnA309 said:
luvelyluvely!

Dunno if I'm the only one, but the internals of a high peformance engine are pieces of art to me. Screw paintings or statues, I can spend hours looking at this kind of stuff, and then enjoy them as they perform there art togheter as a finished engine.

If you could keep us updated with pics of the engine build, I'd be very gratefull!

Regards,

Gerrit
Gerrit,

You show typical engineer sickness symptoms :haha: . So that you don't feel lonely, you're not the only one!:cheers:

#15 ·
incredible! very admirable project. i can't wait to see the finished result. i love the way you are modding the M3. as it is meant to be, pure n/a Motorsport response car! please document your findings and show pics of the csl-style carbon airboxes! thanks

#16 ·
kAtAnA309 said:
luvelyluvely!

Regards,

Gerrit
Thank you!

I feel exactly the same! :)

Will do.
Thanks again! :)

Cheers,
/Johan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.