BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posted this to a separate thread for the interested.....

For a few months, I researched extensively an exhaust system for my car that could satisfy my picky personality. It was not an easy process for me.

In the past, I have owned some great cars but have never had the ba$$))$ to modify any of them. Thanks to the m5 board and to the many that helped me with their feedback, I purchased the exhaust system. I was very apprehensive to say the least. I am a fairly conservative individual, and did not want to end up with a lousy exhaust note and eventually regretting my purchase.

I purchased the RPI GTS system, and had it installed last Friday. Well, I have to say is WOW! I have to say that this is exactly what I was looking for in an exhaust system. The exhaust is not overly loud, it's just right. There is definitely cabin noise, but you can still listen to music or have a conversation. When you hit higher RPM's the exhaust opens up, giving you the right growl of a V10. I do not know if it was me, but the car felt more responsive as well. This was a great experience and love how the car sound and feels, that i'm now thinking about other mods for my car. I know the RPI is not for everyone, but they have one satisfied customer. I have no monetary connection with RPI. I'm just one satisfied customer.

Reactions: leonelm3-m5

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sanchezdds, I'm glad to hear that your new exhaust has paid off all the "hard work" in reserching. Congradulations and welcome to the world of modding. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks etdirect.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thanks for notifying us, but I guess its too late for me!! I already purchased the exhaust :haha:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Damn, you should have bought your exhaust and sent me a warning last year. Unfortunately now I have had this exhaust for a while and love it!! It's all your fault!!!! :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn, you should have bought your exhaust and sent me a warning last year. Unfortunately now I have had this exhaust for a while and love it!! It's all your fault!!!! :)
All you all are guilty of the same thing. I would not have spent $3000+ on my car if it wasn't for you and all the other members on this thread bragging about how special your exhaust was compared to some others. What I could have done with those extra $3000....we will never know.hiha

·
Registered
152 Posts
Man, you guys are making me consider trading in my Dinan exhaust for one of the RPI GTS systems. Has anyone heard both systems? I love the way the Dinan sounds, but I haven't heard anyone with the RPI setup. Can anyone comment on any differences between the two systems (external sound, cabin noise, etc.)?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Man, you guys are making me consider trading in my Dinan exhaust for one of the RPI GTS systems. Has anyone heard both systems? I love the way the Dinan sounds, but I haven't heard anyone with the RPI setup. Can anyone comment on any differences between the two systems (external sound, cabin noise, etc.)?
I almost did however some other expenses came up

·
Registered
932 Posts
Why are people buying the GTS? Congrats anyway :D

8whp vs 18whp? How bad is it for people who have headers and zero cats!? Does our beasts get pretty smelly?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
8whp vs 18whp? How bad is it for people who have headers and zero cats!? Does our beasts get pretty smelly?
Yep, without any cats, you can definitely smell the gas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts