BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took these from the shop with a camera phone, car is almost done.

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool.. where did you pick up he Vorsteiner hood? is it dual sided CF?
its their normal non CF hood, since i was painting it there was no reason to go with the carbonfiber one. I orderd the hood direct from Vorsteiner.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i recommend getting the 2008 headlights... or if they are too pricey get the euro headlamps of like 2007 or somethin

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nice!...now add the Vorsteiner front lip!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice!...now add the Vorsteiner front lip!
Yea i hear ya, i orderd one with the hood but it wasnt it stock, should be hear soon. I just got to find a place that makes a GOOD carbon front grill. The blacked out grill looks okay but i think the carbon would look much better.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yea i hear ya, i orderd one with the hood but it wasnt it stock, should be hear soon. I just got to find a place that makes a GOOD carbon front grill. The blacked out grill looks okay but i think the carbon would look much better.
I am looking for the same....I've only seen CF grills made in Hong Kong and are super expensive....let me know when you find a vendor that produces a reliable CF front grill.
Although at the Mfest in Vegas I ran into StealthAuto, and they say they can overlay CF on OEM grills...have to give them a call

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not feeling it,

Suspension is to high,

rubber on wheels is too thick,

hood vents look ricer and u dont have a turbo or supercharger for the benifit so its pointless.

and color, well it reminds me of my red headed freind rusty..

to each his own..im sure others will disagree with me.. these are positive critisizims btw

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not feeling it,

Suspension is to high,

rubber on wheels is too thick,

hood vents look ricer and u dont have a turbo or supercharger for the benifit so its pointless.

and color, well it reminds me of my red headed freind rusty..

to each his own..im sure others will disagree with me.. these are positive critisizims btw
sigh,

Suspension is stock, rubber is stock, since i have a typhoon the vents in the hood DOES serve a purpose.

Oh and the color is stock but looks a little off due to shop lights.

Thanks for digging up this old thread just to post this crap and waisting space on the site. :cheers:

BTW the site has a spell check so you may want to use it next time. :dunno:

·
Registered
324 Posts
sigh,

Suspension is stock, rubber is stock, since i have a typhoon the vents in the hood DOES serve a purpose.

Oh and the color is stock but looks a little off due to shop lights.

Thanks for digging up this old thread just to post this crap and waisting space on the site. :cheers:

BTW the site has a spell check so you may want to use it next time. :dunno:

Didnt realize it was an old thread..

Typhoon intake looses HP from what I understand esp from my own experiences with M engines,

Did you get the rubber changed?

Any Better pics of the color as it does look awful in those pics..

Spell check is for when im writing an important document, i could really care less for random forum blabber..

Can we still be friends? :cheers:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Typhoon intake looses HP from what I understand esp from my own experiences with M engines,

Spell check is for when im writing an important document, i could really care less for random forum blabber..

Pics were done with a phone camera and i agree they are not good. The Typhoon does make power when moving but it comes at the cost of a CEL on startup. Car made 455rwhp with the typhoon and evo pulley. With Dinan software, exhaust and mids it made 470rwhp. I'm sick of the CEL from the K&N and am taking it off this weekend and going back to stock boxes with BMP filters.

Here is a current pic of the car, i cant lower it anymore due to my driveway. Its setup to my taste and sorry if your not liking it. THe stock tires are almost done and will go with PS2's.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
nice lip!

·
Registered
139 Posts
that pic looks a lot better

i like you car b/c its different and not a color you would see often

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

Nice ride Bro. Whats up with these suspension freaks?! Do you really think dropping the car a few centimeters is that damn important. It's a pain in the ***, expensive, and serves little purpose. It's a GT dude, not a GT3 that is going to spend every moment on a track. I get irritated with some guys always blabbering about dropping cars. to top it off, it's almost barely perceptible to everyone but the biggest gear heads! The car looks fine Bro. The stock tires are fine and the suspension looks fine. Some folks are just too critical. I don't know where you could live with the car any lower than it is with that huge lip. Certainly not here in Chicago. That **** would be sitting on the side of the road after one pothole. Let's try to be a bit practical..shall we:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts