BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simple yet effective, the Autotechnic kidney grille from Beastpower. I had it painted Jet Black since the "flat plastic black" look just didn't do it for me. Tell me what you guys think?

·
Registered
460 Posts
It looks awesome especially with the "M" stripes on the front air dam.

Its amazing how a simple alteration can change the "attitude" of the car.

Nice work.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks sharp! Actually I have been contemplating buying one from Bavarian Autosport. Their's is $40 and PLASTIC???? I presume your's is not, correct? Did you do the install yourself? I've got a carbon black beast so the this would really tone down/mute the front of it. 5driver

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5driver said:
Looks sharp! Actually I have been contemplating buying one from Bavarian Autosport. Their's is $40 and PLASTIC???? I presume your's is not, correct? Did you do the install yourself? I've got a carbon black beast so the this would really tone down/mute the front of it. 5driver
Mine is also plastic too. $40 is cheaper than what I paid from Beastpower. I think I paid $55 so you're getting a good price there.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I considered painting it Lemans blue also but decided against it. I think that the black color really adds to the aggressive nature. I still have my chrome grille so I could always swap it back. :D

And yes, I used a fisheye lenses for that shot (10.5)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Looks great Jason, very aggressive and the Jet Black paint is a nice touch over the matte finish versions I have seen.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
looks very hot,definately gives it a more aggressive look. Where can I get the "M" stripe from? I saw someone that had a badge on their front fender that was filled in with the M colors

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Looks nice & sporty Jason :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Looks great Jason
You see a lot more of these type of 'Mods' here in Europe.
My first BMW (2002 Tii) had that treatment along with the back chrome '2002Tii' done in black epoxy paint. Funny, after I sold her I saw her flying south on I75 years later :crying:
Ken

·
10,455 Posts
VROOM5 said:
looks very hot,definately gives it a more aggressive look. Where can I get the "M" stripe from? I saw someone that had a badge on their front fender that was filled in with the M colors
While Jason's is painted, you can get a tape stripe version from www.stickercity.com search bmw. They have a 3 foot lenght of the M colors, each color being about 3" wide, iirc. You can cut and trim from there if you want smaller stripes.
Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts