BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
stupid. if u were to compare E39 with E60, ppl will choose E39. but E39 were to compare with E34, ppl will prefer E34. and so on.

it shows that the mentality of ppl are short-minded.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
This has been discussed in other threads. Watch the whole video Jeremy Clarkson really enjoyed the car. I disagree with the notion that people will always pick the preceding model. Some will, some wont. I prefer the E39 to the E34 and I think many will prefer the E60 to the E39.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
solard said:
stupid. if u were to compare E39 with E60, ppl will choose E39. but E39 were to compare with E34, ppl will prefer E34. and so on.

it shows that the mentality of ppl are short-minded.
It's not a matter of mentallity just taste. Some like the E60 some don't. Those who do are not above those who don't. So lets keep it to the car ok?

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,797 Posts
Just tried to download the Top Gear show. But I could only se the first 3 min or so, then the video stopped.

Anywhere else I can download this, if possible without any torrent or simular programs.....

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Erik said:
Just tried to download the Top Gear show. But I could only se the first 3 min or so, then the video stopped.

Anywhere else I can download this, if possible without any torrent or simular programs.....
Clarkson loves the E60 if you watch the whole thing. It is one of the best cars he has driven with the M button pressed. Without, it is irritating. All is forgiven with the M button Here is the link to the whole 60 minute program, the M5 is about the last 15 minutes.

ftp://bmw:[email protected]/Jeremy.Clarkson.TopGearEpisode.Feat.e60m5.avi

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I like the E39 styling too, but I do like that BMW is trying to set itself apart from the rest of the crowd (i.e. Merc). Like anything, it takes some time to get used to it (i-Drive comes to mind), but later find it's superior to the old way of doing things.

I look forward to my M5 as I know it's going to be one heck of a car!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did anyone notice it was faster than a vette? Watch as he posts the time. Its about 1 second faster.

·
Registered
897 Posts
rebel1 said:
Did anyone notice it was faster than a vette? Watch as he posts the time. Its about 1 second faster.
Z06 or standard. I imagine the new Z06 will be tough to beat.

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,797 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts