BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was at a Euro meet yesterday and we met Kenny and his modded e60 M5. Great guy that likes to drive just as much as we do. Totally nice meeting you Kenny!

Here is a vid of some of the runs (towards the end of the vid). In another run me (White AA Stage 3 car) and Kenny hit upwards of 170MPH. I had him by about 1-1.5 car's till about 165-170MPH at which point he started to creep back. I let off at around 170-175MPH; beyond that was a little too fast for me in the situation we were in. Kenny kept going till about 190MPH, that guy has some balls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6t0_DPtzCU

All in all, it was a blast!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Looks like the M5 had to change lanes in behind the white M3 to avoid another car on the road - possibly slowing - before resuming in his lane? All fast cars nonetheless, but be careful with other drivers not being predictable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the M5 had to change lanes in behind the white M3 to avoid another car on the road - possibly slowing - before resuming in his lane? All fast cars nonetheless, but be careful with other drivers not being predictable.
That wasn't our only run, we did at least 3 solid runs with pretty much the same results. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Closed course. LOL.
It's the wheels, Kenny, the wheels!!!!!:7: (j/k)

Crazy. Be careful out there.
Bonehead, I have a second thought of keeping the wheel now. It's look so sweet.lovelove

MSpiredM3, thanks for the video. It was fun, but a little too dangerous for the situation I admitted.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Bonehead, I have a second thought of keeping the wheel now. It's look so sweet.lovelove

MSpiredM3, thanks for the video. It was fun, but a little too dangerous for the situation I admitted.
Kenny great meeting you! Agreed that we got a little out of hand at times!

Even though you were a bit faster up top than the VF Stage 1 on race fuel, the results made him very happy!! You're M5 is a awesome machine!!! I think you should keep the wheels BTW. :D

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Nice meeting you too. I have seen many of your collection from your youtube from 997TT, E63 M6, C5 z06, many others. Very impressive.
:cheers:

Kenny great meeting you! Agreed that we got a little out of hand at times!

Even though you were a bit faster up top than the VF Stage 1 on race fuel, the results made him very happy!! You're M5 is a awesome machine!!! I think you should keep the wheels BTW. :D

·
Registered
907 Posts
Too much fun........

·
Registered
44 Posts
Racing on highway is stupid.

It nice to have a fast car, but driving is not a right. Please respect other. If you want to race, please spend some money to go to track.

Don't wait until your nearly killed someone or yourself and regrett over it.

·
Registered
915 Posts
mike, kenny. you guys have some balls :applause:
but nice runs. :haha::haha:

·
Registered
728 Posts
from what i saw you guys were passing traffic at speeds of up to and over 170! thats way to fast to be doing that ****e on the public road with any other car on it. take it to the track. i'm glad my wife and kids werent on the freeway with you guys.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
I think the guys learned their lesson and i talked to one of the drivers and will try talk to the others aswell..I'm sure it won't happen again.

·
Registered
335 Posts
from what i saw you guys were passing traffic at speeds of up to and over 170! thats way to fast to be doing that ****e on the public road with any other car on it. take it to the track. i'm glad my wife and kids werent on the freeway with you guys.
I think enough people have expressed their thoughts on this, we all are well aware of the dangers, as we all drive fast cars, and I'm positive from time to time everyone here opens it up quite often, when no one's watching or the camera's aren't rolling, but we were on a highway with a clear road ahead of us in most runs, yes we passed a few cars, no doubt passing someone at those speeds is risky, but they do it on the Autobahn everyday. :)

However there's a ton of vids on this forum, same type of events some even at higher speeds or at a stop light, and I know you've done a litle street racing yourself, all good though, it's good to tell people to be safe. :)

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109729&highlight=Raced

yep i recently raced a magnum srt-8 and i was very impressed with it. it sounded mean too. but i still smoked it

·
Registered
728 Posts
The road was clear with only the srt and myself on both sides of the road. way different conditions then what i saw on your video. dont get me wrong i loved the footage i just wouldnt want my family to be on the freeway when you drive at those speeds.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The road was clear with only the srt and myself on both sides of the road. way different conditions then what i saw on your video. dont get me wrong i loved the footage i just wouldnt want my family to be on the freeway when you drive at those speeds.
Fair enough!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts