BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really excited about my new plates and when I went into the DMV office and submitted my application they said it was fine.

Then, 3 weeks later i received a letter from Sacramento that said my app. was DENIED! :confused: They said they don't allow using numbers for letters and vica-versa.

I ordered OCNV13W and they turned me down. I am totally saddened about it especially after I thought it was in the bag.

So now I'm searching for something else since OCNVIEW is already taken.

·
Registered
445 Posts
yeah.. they suck. I mean if the cops are so blind/dislexic that they cannot tell a different between 3 and E etc, they shouldn't be working as officers.

when I tried to get S54SMG for my M3.. they denied it for the same reason.

Ocean's M5 said:
I was really excited about my new plates and when I went into the DMV office and submitted my application they said it was fine.

Then, 3 weeks later i received a letter from Sacramento that said my app. was DENIED! :confused: They said they don't allow using numbers for letters and vica-versa.

I ordered OCNV13W and they turned me down. I am totally saddened about it especially after I thought it was in the bag.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SANguru said:
yeah.. they suck. I mean if the cops are so blind/dislexic that they cannot tell a different between 3 and E etc, they shouldn't be working as officers.

when I tried to get S54SMG for my M3.. they denied it for the same reason.

I don't understand? The S54 is the engine, and SMG does stand for Seq. Man. Gear...?? Your not switching anything?

This is what the DMV states:
The Department has the right to refuse any combination of letters and/or letters and numbers that may carry connotations offensive to good taste and decency, or which would be misleading, or in conflict with any license plate series now issued. Substituting numbers for letters, or vice versa, may be confused with an existing plate.

go here to make up a personalized plate

:cool:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10 minutes ago, the bottom fell out...

Well, I'm stoked again! After talking about it, or actually typing, I went to the website and ordered

OCNVEIW

Now, the question is will they accept it or deny it??

·
Registered
12,922 Posts
Ocean's M5 said:

Well, I'm stoked again! After talking about it, or actually typing, I went to the website and ordered

OCNVEIW

There is alwayS OCEANVU or OCEANVUE!!
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ocean's M5 said:

OCNVEIW

other variations?

OSHNVUE
OCEANVU
ICWAVES
BYTHSEA

good luck

al

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
gsfent said:
There is alwayS OCEANVU or OCEANVUE!!
Regards,
Jerry

other variations?

OSHNVUE
OCEANVU
ICWAVES
BYTHSEA

good luck

al
Those are all great! Thanks for the input lovelove

the letter U seems a little depressing to me whereas the IE, EI seems brighter and happIEr, ICWAVES is totally ICE... hmmm it could be icywaves or i see waves or ick waves.

BYTHSEA is neat but can be pronounced BYTH SEA. BYTH sounds like BIFF and then we are going back to Batman and Robin.

Do you think they will allow OCNVEIW ??

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
mean if the cops are so blind/dislexic that they cannot tell a different between 3 and E etc, they shouldn't be working as officers.
It's not officers that are the concern. It's potential confusion by a witness to your speeding away from that grocery store robbery that's the issue. hiha (Or their confusion of someone ELSE speeding away and thinking it was YOU; have you seen "My Cousin Vinny"?)

·
Registered
12,922 Posts
Ocean's M5 said:
Do you think they will allow OCNVEIW ??
Are you really asking regular people to try and predit the vagaries of government intelligence?? hiha hiha hiha
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
That's too bad that they denied it. Funny thing is, I have seen M5's with E39M5 etc as plates. Go figure...
The only one that I know was denied for a good reason was my friend; she wanted her plate to be sharmuta, or a variation of that. I guess someone at the DMV knew what that meant...hiha
:cheers:

·
Registered
992 Posts
What about SEASIDE or C SIDE?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Ocean's M5 said:

I saw an old blue truck with 6P69696 today. You might want to question the dmv for giving that out.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SCORPIO said:
What about SEASIDE or C SIDE?
That also sounds pretty cool, but it doesn't envoke a response from me. I guess I will either get what I want or devise a new theme... ouich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts