1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ref. : TVB/CL
Date : 29 June 2005

Dear Mr. Arora,

We allow ourselves to take the delivery of your new BMW M5 at your dealership Van den Broeck as an opportunity to send you this letter.

In the first place allow us to thank you warmly for the confidence you have put in our brand through the purchase of this exceptional car.

We however immediately also wish, in name of the entire BMW organisation, to apologize for the unexpected delay of the production process, which was the cause of the delay in the supply of your car.

This delay is the consequence of a very accurate quality follow-up which made evident that the oil pump, as from a certain point in the production, no long met the extremely high requirements of the V 10 M engine for this component.

Because the manufacturer, BMW M GmbH München, absolutely didn't want to take any risk at the restart of the production and therefore needed from the supplier the confirmation that a technical solution would be provided, we were unfortunately, during this period, unable to give you the exact duration of the expected delay.

We are fully aware that we have heavily tested your patience and hope that the practical inconveniences with which you were confronted, remained minimal.

Given the understanding on your part on which we have been able to rely until now, we are delighted to announce to you that we received confirmation of the restart of the production.

From the new production planning we have today, it appears that your personal M5, production number 7940771, is planned for delivery around 26 of august at your dealership.

We apologize once more for this unfortunate start, dear Mister Arora, but dare hope that your driving experience at the wheel of this unique car will help restore your confidence in our brand.

Yours faithfully,

BMW Group Belux

Eddy Bulcaen Christian Lambert
Customer Relations Manager Sales Division Director

cc.: Etn. Van den Broeck

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
at least you get a nice letter... we get nothing here... :confused3

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
There's nothing worse than being left in the dark on delivery of a product. Nice to see BMW communicating with you.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I guess this is why they play it safe over here, only announce the car a couple of months before one actually arrives (Especially after the bugs have been ironed out in the rest of the world - sorry guys)
Another thing, is this letter translated, because it certainly doesn't read like a formal corporate letter (whatever that is). Ashok, I can only imagine how it feels but you're still several months ahead of us in the US

·
Registered
298 Posts
hello guys iam a new member here , and i have the same letter sent to me for the delay of my M6 , however it wasnt written as nice as the one above, it was just a couple of lines.

·
Premium Member
8,808 Posts
Barry said:
I guess this is why they play it safe over here, only announce the car a couple of months before one actually arrives (Especially after the bugs have been ironed out in the rest of the world - sorry guys)
Another thing, is this letter translated, because it certainly doesn't read like a formal corporate letter (whatever that is). Ashok, I can only imagine how it feels but you're still several months ahead of us in the US
Ashok ordered his car in Belgium and the letter is from BMW Belgium. Their mother tongue certainly isn't English, so the letter was probably written in a different language and translated.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
kees said:
Ashok ordered his car in Belgium and the letter is from BMW Belgium. Their mother tongue certainly isn't English, so the letter was probably written in a different language and translated.

That's kinda what I figured, thanks.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flemish! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
What the hell.
Van Den Broeck is my local BMW dealer.
We've been a customer there for over 14 years now.
If you want I can check out whether your M5 has arrived or not :)
Don't worry, Van Den Broeck is one of the top BMW dealers in the Benelux.
They are one of the biggest dealers in Belgium, they currently have three different buildings, one for BMW, one for Mini and another for second hand cars.
And I think there's a fourth coming to sell Harley Davidsons.

·
Registered
331 Posts
they indeed have a good rep here in Belgium. My uncle has his car serviced there ('02 530d Touring). No problems till now...

Must be hard waiting an additional 6-7 weeks ouich

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm very happy with Van Den Broeck. I bought my current E39 M5 from them as well. I just posted this letter to show that the facts - the car is delayed until the end of August but it's nice to have some feedback and apology.

Since new car registrations change here in the UK on September 1st (i.e. cars after this date are considered 2006 cars), I might as well wait another week and register it in September.

I put my deposit & order down in February 2003 so another few weeks is no big deal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts