BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
77MB is a huge file - do you have a smaller version?

·
Registered
46 Posts
:M5rev: Wow, great video. I actually enjoyed the video portion showing what was happening outside the car at those speeds rather than the inside camera shots. I wonder what those other cars were thinking when they saw a flash of M go by so suddenly. I even had a little bit of a pucker factor going on as you passed other cars hoping they would not pull in front of you. I personally am more nervous about someone pulling into my lane and not seeing me than I am about how the M5 handles at warp speed.

In any event, nice documentary. :wroom:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sorry for the large size of the video, my friend couln't keep the MB below that number without cutting some footage.

I know I didn't hit 300 km/h exactly. But the M5's speedo isn't that off. On another run we carried a GPS, and the speedo showed a bit more than 290, maybe 292 and the GPS read 288 km/h. So I guess if the speedo reads 300 it itsn't at all crazy to claim one reached that speed.

"Fart", the dials are there, and so is the M logo. They do not appear in the video due to lack of light.

I personally am more nervous about someone pulling into my lane and not seeing me than I am about how the M5 handles at warp speed.
Of course. I am not at all afraid as how the M5 will handle at that speed. My only fear is that someone else jumps into my lane. And that is something that happens way too often here in Argentina. Forget about the turn signals, they don't exist. Nobody merges to the slower lane if you are going to pass them, overtaking is a matter of honor. Specially when they see a better car than theirs, which in the case of the M5 accounts to pretty much every other vehicle on the road (sorry for the arrogance, but this is the way it is). So the high beams, at this speed, become useless. The answer is weaving in and out of traffic, which can be done only in a few occasions.

Getting to 250 and to 300 is a very different deal. 250 in the M5, is, compared to 300, a walk in the park. The car can get there in 5th gear and in about 30 seconds if done right. But to get to 300 one has to sustain that speed for a lot of time and a much longer highway portion. At least my car got to 280 pretty fast, but those last 20 km/h are very stressful. Definately something I will not try again.

·
Registered
975 Posts
wow. sounds like an awesome video, and the picture of the exhaust after the run reminds me of that picture of BMW testing the S62.

can someone mirror this though? I'm downloading at a mighty 9kb/s

·
Registered
448 Posts
They look more "orange" than a 540, a trait of the M5. The oil pressure looked right as well. Dont know if a 540 would go that fast. I thought I could see the silver rings as well.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Downloading now. Those look like M Gauges to me (from the pic). The silver rings are definitely there, but you cant see the M logo at night.

It also appears that DSC is off!! The light is lit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just saw the video and had to go to the bathroon to check my underwear. The video is crazy, waooooo. Good stuff.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sick! That is awesome!! How do you think the guy driving the mini-van felt when he got his "doors blown-off".......lol!

Robert

1 - 20 of 20 Posts