BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've just recently finished painting my brake callipers and applying the bimmian carbon fiber label kit to my M5. i plan on putting up some pictures fairly soon....but i hand painted my front pads red, but decided not to do the rear callipers because after removing my back wheel i remembered how rediculously small the pads are, and it wasn't really worth it. btw....cheers to daniel and beastpower...the carbon fiber kit looks awesome on the emblems.

and daniel.....if you read this, or anyone else that does.....i'd like to put carbon fiber over the blue purple and red lines on the M5 emblem on the back. i saw that the silver M5 on beastpower's website has it and i love the look. where can i get it? or did you make it yourself?

ONE MORE THING........way off topic but do any of you on this board race at PIR? (portland raceway). i want to go up for a track day but i have heard bad things about the track. anyone here know? thanks a lot

jonny
01jetblack:M5eyes: :M5rev: :wroom::M5launch: :byee55amg

·
Banned
386 Posts
What do you mean cf stickers on your roundels?
Also you painted your brake pads? or the calipers? I hope the calipers and not the brake pads.

as for the cf on the rear emblem, you can buy cf sticker online and put them on top of your ///

·
Registered
296 Posts
JonnyBoyM5 said:
ONE MORE THING........way off topic but do any of you on this board race at PIR? (portland raceway). i want to go up for a track day but i have heard bad things about the track. anyone here know? thanks a lot
01jetblack:M5eyes: :M5rev: :wroom::M5launch: :byee55amg
Hey Jon,

I'm up here in Portland and been to PIR a few times.
It's a nice track, with a long back straight that lets the M5 reach 130+ mph.
At the end of the front straight, there's a 35mph chicane which tests the limits of the braking and handling. This is the only section where the M5 feels awkward.

I definitely recommend spending some time on the track. The events run by the local BMW club are very well handled, and everyone has a great time.

SuretyAgent (Derek) has spent a lot more time on PIR and other tracks than I have, and he can give you a better insight.

Best,
Bert
2001 LMB/LMB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts