BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I did a few small mods to my beast!
I will make a "Do It Yourself" thread for interior lights and side signals soon!
Please Let me know what you guys think!

Interior lights....Ultimate LED intrior Made by Bimmian, Purchased from JLeviSW.
LED Side Signals....Made by Bimmian, Purchased from JLeviSW.
///M Logo...Made by BMW, they are actually the badgedes that belong to ///M Coupe fenders. Purchased from my local BMW Parts Department.

I got the ///M Badge idea from Member M5Express on the following thread:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...cussion/144184-brake-calipers-overhaulin.html

Here are some pictures:
(Sorry I have much better pictures, but not available at the moment.ouichI was too anxious to get some opinions on the changes I made, so I couldn't wait to post better pictures. I will update the thread with better pictures sometime next week.)

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like the smoked side marker lights.

Concerning the M-logo on the brake calipers, how did you attach them? And what will happen to them when the calipers get really hot from sport-style driving?

·
Registered
195 Posts
noway the caliper logos last very long... are they the trunk badges?

go get some vinyl cut and put them on the caliper and cover in clear caliper epoxy and it will last forever

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the smoked side marker lights.

Concerning the M-logo on the brake calipers, how did you attach them? And what will happen to them when the calipers get really hot from sport-style driving?
I just used the adhesive that was originally on the badge. Cleaned the caliper really good, peeled the back, and placed it where I thought it looked appropriate. Where I stuck the logo is actually hollow underneath and seems to be just a cover, so I don't think it will get too hot! I was very concerned about that as well! I followed the thread I mentioned in the original post (the one by M5Express), and it seemed like the badge was holding up pretty good for a very long time, so I did it. I will let you guys know if they start melting or just fall off!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
noway the caliper logos last very long... are they the trunk badges?

go get some vinyl cut and put them on the caliper and cover in clear caliper epoxy and it will last forever
They are actually M Coupe fender logos. I compared them to the trunk badge, and they are slightly smaller.
That is a very good idea! If I decide to keep them on, then I will definitely do that. Thanks for the idea!
It's just I am not so sure about them. I don't want to make the car look cheesy! Hopefully I can get some feedback on that!
Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Looks good!

Reactions: V10PWR

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Looks great, especially the caliper logos. A part # would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys! I will post the part number by tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The Part Number to ///M Logos

OK, here is the BMW Part Number:

51-14-8-041-424

And to be exact, they were each $29.32 + Tax!
Sorry it took me so long to post the part number. I could not think of where I had put the receipt for the life of me!:confused3
Finally found it though!:D

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Better Pictures as Promissed!

Here are some better pictures including a close-up of how the logo will look on the caliper. I honestly don't think the logos are ever going to fall or melt! Only time can tell for sure! Will keep you guys posted!:cheers:
Folks, please let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Need Help!

Gustav,
Is there anyway I could add the updated pictures to original #1 post? :1zhelp:
By the way thanks for the front page! I didn't think what I had done was worthy of it!:hihihi:

·
Registered
735 Posts
V10PWR - looking sharp. Nice work.

My preference was to have a flat decal on the caliper (like this) instead of OEM trunk logo which is raised. So based on recommendations on this board I went with these guys: GrafiXpressions - Express yourself in vinyl form!...

Just shoot them an email saying you want ///M or ///M5 vinyl decals for your calipers, and they'll know exactly what you're talking about. (2) 2.5" for fronts, and (2) 1.5" for the rears. $30 w/ free shipping. Decals are heat resistant.

See http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63-bmw-m6-forum-bmw-m6-convertible-m6board-com/163334-painted-my-calipers.html for finished product.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
They look great! Thank you. I honestly didn't like the whole sticker (decal) idea, so I went with the OEM logo. But the ones you included in your post look awesome! These guys did some serious work. For me it was more like a little 1 hour weekend project to get what I had in mind done and take care of 3 items at the same time!
By the way, those are not trunk logos, They are M coupe fender logos which are slightly smaller than trunk logo.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts