BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just got back from the memorial. As sad as events like those can't help but being, I found it actually quite plesant - more of a celebration of life than a event acknowledging death. Tom Jr. was incredibly strong and did a fantastic job.

RIP PCT

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
This thread has been a memorial to Tom. Very appropriate. Very touching.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I just got back from the memorial. As sad as events like those can't help but being, I found it actually quite plesant - more of a celebration of life than a event acknowledging death. Tom Jr. was incredibly strong and did a fantastic job.

RIP PCT
That's good to hear. A celebration of life is a wonderful thing, especially in Toms case as it was evident from his Posts that he lived life to the fullest.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Here in San Jose, there's a group of exotics that meet most Saturdays at a place called Santana Row. A couple months ago, one of the guys had a tragic accident on a drive and died. They had a memorial for him the following Sat and probably more than a hundred exotics showed up. I happened to organized an E60 meet at the same place and although we didn't know him (Luis Aldaz), we joined in on the memorial. I believe most of the exotics went for a drive after in memory of Luis.

Wish we could also do that for Tom but I guess this is the next best thing.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
My condolences.

Matt

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Your father was a great guy, as we have exchanged PMs in the past and shared many threads. A very passionate, detailed, entertaining and likable person. I am shocked and very sadened by this.

We'll all miss him. Wishing you and your family the best...

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Tom Jr - I wish to add my sympathies to the massive list of condolences. I don't post on the E60 forum very often, but often read it and as others have said, your father will be sorely missed.

I am 26 years old and run a small company with my father. We are close and I simply cannot comprehend the pain and loss you must be feeling. When somebody dies, their contribution to other peoples lives is visible by the void that their passing creates and the tears that are shed for them. Your father only met a few of the people on this board in person and yet 130 people have been affected enough by his passing to wish to offer heartfelt condolences. I shudder to think how may other people in his other walks of life have been affected.

I think you realise that your Dad was regarded as a great man who loved his family and treated those around him with kindness and respect; there are few accolades greater than that in life. I think the way you have conducted yourself is a credit to both you and him. Cliche or not, pain does ease with time, but if you need 20,000 or so shoulders to cry on, you know where we are.

With best regards,

David

·
Company representatvie for AngeliBright.com
242 Posts
Tom was a customer, and I also loved his posts, he will be missed.

My condolences.

·
Registered
404 Posts
My deepest condolences, I PMed him a couple of times about the Dinan exhaust before and he helped me out a lot. His beast was my favourite.

Rest in peace Tom. God bless your family.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Wow, I am so sorry for your loss. May God be with you and your family during this difficult time. My prayers are with you.

I really looked forward to reading your fathers words. Although I did not know him personally. From what I could tell from his writings he was dynamic in how he told stories and spoke of the progression of his experience with the M5. He had a great personality on this board and nature about him. He seemed to have a real good handle on things even when there was problems, like with the Dinan Diff. I waited for his responses on cetain issues because they were insightful and seemed full of understanding and patience.

He surely will be missed.

Tom, Rest In Peace.

Rod

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
My condolences to you and your family...:(

121 - 140 of 141 Posts