BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with my deepest sorrow and utmost grievence that I have to announce that a dedicated member to m5board passed away yesterday, June 4 2007. Tom (my father) spent countless hours on this site researching facts for his precious m5. He treated his beast like it was his very own 600hp baby.

His path leading to the m5 was a long one. It started with an E36 m3, from there an E39 m5, then to an x5, as that m5 was too much car for him at the time. That x5 fell victim to the California lemon law, where my dad then took the Japanese car route. He sported a toyota 4runner for 2 years. Not being quite sporty enough, he found himself back in an x5, only this one was a 4.8is. Finding the 4wheel drive and suv body unneccessary as there was a separate car for winter, dad finally found himself in an m5 again, only this one was a little different. Having convinced him to utilize the internet for owners groups and potential mods as I had for my Toyota Tacoma, I introduced him to an entire new world. The car found its way up to an estimated 600 horsepower, but of course materialistic objects such as that dont play any factor in a time such as this.

Dad and I were planning on taking the car to the Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele UT this friday until this unexpected tragedy. We were going to go with a friend Chris Draayer (apex assassin) and tear it up for the first time. He was so excited. He spent a ton of his time on this site, reading, posting, and just killing time. He got to meet a select few of you at the Utah M5 meet in early spring. As for the rest of you, he merely interacted with you by either commenting on a thread of yours, starting a thread you read, or just by him reading one of your posts. m5board really gave him something to do, as I am away at college for months at a time. I would like to say thank you to everybody on this forum, as you all interacted and joined him as he did the thing he loved. You really gave him a feeling of importance and above all, gave him a friendship that he will take beyond the grave.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Good Lord!!......

I'm very, very sorry for your loss. 'Never had the pleasure of actually meeting your dad, but felt like I knew him via all his most entertaining and informative participation here. I will sorely, sorely miss that. 'Hope you'll find the time to eventually join us regularly, too; and keep the legacy of your dad intact.

Best wishes to you and your family. May your dad rest peacefully knowing he made many friends here.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Our sincere & deepest condolences. Very sad to hear about this :sad1:

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
My Condolences

I am glad that your father found a hobby that he loved and that he was happy in this regard. Rest in Peace......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Condolences...

Despite never posting I have been an active follower of this board for years and I would just like to say that your fathers personality made him one of my favorite members, and I am sure he was an even more amazing individual in person.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Im really sorry to hear that.....
I have never met your father or any other board members in person but you still feel that you get to know people a little bit at least through their threads and replies.

Dont know why but I immediatelly thought about my friends wife who gave birth to their child the other day.....june 4th to be exact.....I guess the lord gives but he also takes away....

May your father rest in peace and thank you for the confidence of charing yours and this boards loss with all board members

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I'm speechless. While most of us never had the pleasure of meeting him, we all enjoyed his company here and his informative and entertaining posts. My condolences to you and your family. Rest in peace, Tom.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I'd like to share my sympathy as well. I think I still have one of your dad's YouTube video of his Dinan exhaust. He will surely be missed by this Board.

I'm curious as to what happened but I'd understand if it's too personal to share.

May he rest in peace.

Tony

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Very sorry to hear about Tom's passing and the loss to your family. He certainly had a passion for his M5 and we will miss him. My best to you and your family..... may he rest in peace. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers..... In the end, this site is much more than just cars.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Thank God you can't see me, I'm having trouble seeing the keys, I don't want to believe this news but I have to...I'm so sorry, very , very sorry.Your Dad and I talked quite regularly it's like I have known him for a long time, a great guy and I will always remember him and you should be proud to have him for a dad.(i'm sure you are). please know i'll miss him, we all will, sort of, his second family...

...............By Tom. We Will Miss your writings but know your watching...

·
Registered
669 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss, never had the chance to meet your father but read lots of his posts. My condolences to you and your family

1 - 20 of 141 Posts