BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I recently got into a little bit of an accident which left the bottom part of my bumper warped and slightly dented. This got me thinking about the M5-1M hybrid bumper that a few people have been doing. However I personally don't like the vents on the side, and wanted something a little less aggressive but still sporty.

So I was messing around in Photoshop and came up with this design. What are everyone's thoughts? I will need to speak to my body shop to see if its even possible but if they could make it work, I would be seriously interested in getting this built.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
That's basically the E9X M3 front end.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Looks ok but your car screams for something completely different :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I hear what everyone is saying. I guess my biggest issue with the OEM bumper is the lower grill. I hate how the bottom lines follow the kidney grills. I prefer the X look, personally.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Your photoshop skills are excellent but I'd have to agree with everyone else that it seems something is missing/and it's not a preferable design over the OEM version.

The OEM version M5 doesn't look like anything else....

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
It is what it is...

And unless you are willing to spend LOADS of money anything 'custom' is going to be somewhat mickey mouse, mounted with plumbers tape, backed with spray foam, and made mostly of brittle FRP that will explode as soon as you bottom the nose on a steep driveway (like a stocker does all the time with no damage since its flexible)...

My $.02

But of course its your car and its a free country so make the fastest oscar mayer weiner mobile out of it if that makes you happy! Actually winter is coming and i need a project...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts