BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

I have a couple of questions.

First, it seems that I might have gooned the fuel filter replacement. I had a real tough time taking the pressure regulator off the filter. The 9 year old copper washer was really stuck. It looks like I wasn't paying attention as to where the big adjustable wrench was and now the pressure regulator (#3) has a couple of dents. Also, I have a fuel seep between #3 and #5 right where the #7 washer is. The seep isn't enough for a drip but if I rub my finger I can see fuel residue.
Question is, do I replace #3 or wait for seep to get worse (waiting seems a bit dangerous as there is fuel involved)

Also, those who are familiar with the underside, can you tell me where this seep/leak seems to be coming from. Picture taken from the driver side vantage point (laying down under the driver seat looking forward to the engine.

Thank you

·
Registered
750 Posts
I think all joints really need to be dry. With heat/cold the condition could easily worsen or alleviate. It's probably ok for the short term in order to buy a new washer. I have not had to disassemble the regulator so I don't know what's involved. I too found the usual crush washer on really tight... For sure don't button up the plastic undershield until a leak can be ruled out. As for the last photo, is that the bottom of power steering hose?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes leaving the plastic under shield off for now.

I havn't a clue what the 3rd picture is, It was a strange angle and my Rhino ramps dont let me get too far underneath.

I was hoping the shape/nut at end will help someone identify it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts