BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts after 6 months with the E60:

I really like the look of the stock wheels...I surf the parts section all the time and i have yet to see a set of A/M wheels that really do anything for me. Black wheels look like a cop car to me...Just my own preference no offense intended.

I like the power just as it is...To be honest I have scared myself a few times, its almost too much, to be respected and used with caution.

I dont miss my boy racer exhaust that was on my E39, I like the stock sound wouldn't trade it for what 10% more power? Removing the carbon filters gave it just the right intake howl.

I really like the SMG, a little nervous about having to repair it, but also nice to have D mode so anyone (the wife) can drive me home from a dinner party after too much Cabernet. 2-3 coming off an on ramp at military throttle is intoxicating, nobody can do that with a stick and a pedal...

And I drive, well you cant have everything....

Cheers

Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
I liked my s62 a lot, but couple of nice things love about my s85: Cylinder 9 and Cylinder 10.

Registered
To the OP..

Coming from E39, you don't know what to do with the gratuitous power you have now :7:. Visit your local highway if you think the power is too much. I assure you in time you will want more power because over time you will get used to 500hp and want more.

You really like the stock wheels? There are much better aftermarket wheels but i guess everyone has their own taste.. .

You have had your car only 6 months. Report back in a year or 2 and see if you still feel the same way..

Registered
Funny how E60 M5's 500bhp motor is now lost between all of the recent car releases and the hp gains everything just recently got. On paper, it no longer looks the same as it used to back in 05-06 when BMW released the car. Yet somehow, when I get in it every morning, I don't really want it to go any more faster than S6+P500S in the M mode, when you feel the little "click" in your gas pedal. Out on the track? Heck yeah. But as my daily driver, more power would just make the car more twitchy on the throttle in stop-n-go traffic.

I love the little "click" in the pedal though. You're driving there, thinking "holy $#!+ it's quick", then the pedal clicks, you shift at 8500rpm's, and **** in your pants :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts