BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all. As many of the old timers here on the M5 Board may remember (Myself included), this m5 used to belong to "blackM5" in Bahrain. It was initially Super Charged by RMS (no longer in business) and then shipped to Discovery Automotive (Not sure they're still around after the GT40 incident) to have the engine put back in and work finished.

Well, "blackM5" sold the M5 and the car began it's trip back to the US to it's new owner. It's probably the most powerful E39 M5 on the planet and as far as i know there's only another one like it in Lemans blue running around.

Anyway, enjoy the read.

El Diablo – The Most Powerful M5 | CarGuyDad

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
yeah its dave's treasure now and its well taken care off.

everybody knows the car and its history..its mandatory iff you are a member overhere:7:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wonder where the Blue one is?

is the owner of the car an active member here?
The Blue one is a member of this board. I'll leave it up to him of he'd like to share his story as they went through similar sagas.

The Black one is a member here as nerio02 just shared.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
800+ on the wheels iff i'm not mistaken/remember right.

a true animal

philly's ex car is also still here on the board..
i always thought the blue one was less powerfull then el diablo
650 at the wheels iff not mistaken..

el diablo is and always will be the uber beast..that car is a pure hardcore money pitt.
no costs spared..

the word goes dave is making it in to a ufo :haha2:

still great too know the DA twins are in good hands by both owners..it could be worse with those m5 rockets

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
It seems both cars were in Chicago for a while.

The black one is now in the northeast and -think- the blue one is now in California?

The blue one made less power, but I believe that was one of the prior owner's choice, trading some hp for reliability. ("only" 650 ish at the wheels, hiha). Always great to read about these cars and equally great to know both are in the hands of serious enthusiasts (who by definition are usually board members here!)

Another quietly lurks in Va, and hopefully soon running in Va or NY area, trolling the streets for unsuspecting victims!:wroom:

Regards,
Jerry

Reactions: herrubermensch
1 - 10 of 10 Posts