BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering who, if anyone has seen on the road a McLaren F-1? Anyone lucky enough to race it? Also...what is the rarest car you've seen on the road? Just the other day I saw a Porsche 959!! Last time I checked, there were only 2-3 in the US!!! I even saw him get on the gas a bit. No where near his max but still cool.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Saw an F40 in Calgary...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well actually in houston, I have seen a ferrari f40, and a yellow f50. There is a son of the lawyer Joe Jamail who is probably the riches lawyer in the US (has over a billion in assests) his son has 3 ferraris, one of which is a f50, the other two are a 360 modena that is a bluish color and a silver 550 maranello. If you are in the houston area, he lives on Troon Rd. which is in River Oaks. He has a 24 hour HPD in front of his house, but you can see his ferraris parked in his garage if you drive by it....

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
same here i saw a F50, F40 and a McLaren WOW it LQQKS great

[This message has been edited by Mattar (edited 02 November 2000).]

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Got to get up close and personal with an F40 int he Los Gatos Ferrari workshop (back off, hood up, etc.

Seen a McLaren both in the garage and in action (Larry Ellison's). Let me tell you, those passenger seats are UN-****ING-COMFORTABLE!

I didn't get to drive it for obvious reasons, but sitting in it is so wierd, as you sit in the middle. It just seems wrong. Best thing I can say to understand is while you're in your car (preferably in a remote low-speed area), try leaning as much of your body over to the right as you can so that you're centered. Yeah, it's that wierd.

Has anyone seen an F50 in action? I would LOVE to hear that bad boy screaming. Greg's link to the videos only hint at the madness.

--Dan

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Seen and been in the McLaren. Fantastic- very strange also (like Dan says). Driven the F40- didnt like it too much- too many things to worry about. Seen the F50 in action- fantastic sounds!

ME

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yea, I actually have seen an f50 in action, I almost got to ride in one in fact. The one I saw in action was the yellow one I mentioned in a previous post. Made a right turn on kirby and then it just took off, I was 2 cars behind it, so I didn't get the best of views, but the f1 sound was amazing. I made everyone in my car shutup, just so I could hear it better =).Anyway as for almost ridding in one, I'm good friends with Gissipi Rissi the owner of Ferrari of Houston and Ferrari of Dallas. He also owns or I should say participates with the Ferrari racing team. Occasionaly he invites me and my father to take a ride in some of his newer ferraris. When I last talked to him, he was actually driving an e39 m5.

[This message has been edited by Omar (edited 02 November 2000).]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Driven abseloutely everything you can think of, (I think) except for prototypes.
Mostly of my grandfather's private collection, his friends cars etc, and cars at the showroom grounds where I work.

·
Registered
656 Posts
ME,

Watcha mean about there being too much to worry about in the F40? Other cars on the road? How to shift it properly? Using anywhere near full throttle when not pointing straight ahead? Ummm . . .

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
damn,
you guys sound like you have all the fun, all ive seen is one f40 or so, dont remember on the road, and f50 at i think an auto show, and a gullwing. as for the road, i dont see anything spectacular. vipers, an occasional f355,360, oh man. i once saw a diablo parked in the village. damn you guys are too lucky. alex man, i want your grandpa, is he looking for adoption? and have you driven a mclauren, if so please tell us how its like.

fas

·
Registered
109 Posts
No he is not looking for adoption (by the way how old are you, maybe we can work something out then
)

Never had the chance to drive a McLaren F1, yet, came close though but not close enough, maybe later in the near future when I am considered to be more responsible.
But as for almost everything else, I have driven them, except for Italdesign Cala/Ford GT90/Isdera Comendatore etc, the real hard to get hands on cars, you know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,

A friend of mine has a Mercedes Gullwing (silver), that he and his wife bought a couple of years ago in prime condition. It was made by a company in Germany called "Killne" or something like that. But any way, the car looks amazing.

Best regards

mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts