BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... well, apart from some Evolve headers, but you'd need a damn big stocking!

Special edition of BMWCar all about the lineage of our beloved machines. Good way to get away from the noise of over-excited children and the usual Christmas drivel on telly, and also to tide you over while our beasts slumber under their blankets of snow (haven't been brave or foolhardy enough to drive mine for a week... :()

There's even a special section on the S62 engine for S62 Stig. No doubt he will have that entire section tattooed across his loins before the New Year is out :grinyes:

It's available, apparently exclusively from WHSmith, for £8.99. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas to all my fellow board members. May Santa bring you those Evolve headers after all!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Why would I want another set of Evolve headers? :hihi:

I looked for the M5 'bookzine' in W H Smiths when I got the January BMWCar magazine but could not find it. Maybe they had not put it out yet. Another trip into town with the last minute Christmas shoppers beacons.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i bought mine a few weeks ago

flicked through and nothing new really, but it is a lovely thing to have for an m5 geek
:cheers:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having had a quick flick through it, they single out the headers and the airboxes as the only real weak points with the engine, along with rattly VANOS. No mention of rod bearings though, they should have talked to Raikku...

However, rather than focus on the negatives, they spend a good 27 pages celebrating how good a car it is :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts